Cramping???

iVillage Member
Cramping???
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 6:51pm

I'm 5 weeks and 3 days and I have been having off and on mild cramping for about 1 week now.

Community Leader
In reply to: brownblb
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 7:19pm
You will feel a lot of different pains/cramping as your uterus grows to accommodate your LO. You will also feel them with your ligaments stretching to hold the growing uterus in place. If you feel that the pain is different from what it was before or you just feel like something isn't right, you should call your doctor. Your body has a way of letting you know when things are going on, so listen to it.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 11:22pm

If there's no bleeding, it's nothing to worry about. I know how disconcerting it can be, but trust me, it's normal!! I have cramped with each of my pregnancies. If the pain becomes severe (like you're doubled over in pain) then call the Dr or go in right away, but regular AF-like cramping is totally normal, and is actually a good thing! It means your bean is growing and your uterus is stretching to accommodate!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 8:50am

I was having a lot of AF type cramps, but it was around the time implantation occured because I also had implantation spotting.

Amanda

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 11:48pm

I'm 4 weeks and I have so much pain from cramps I thought I was gonna get my period. I got used to it now. Tea helps ease the pain a lot, thought now I have to go get some caffein free tea.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 11:49am

This is directly from my Ob:

Pains in the stomach are common in early pregnancy and rarely a sign of serious problem. Carrying a baby puts a great deal of pressure on your muscles, veins, ligaments, and the rest of your insides so you will feel discomfort. Some common causes include ligament stretching due to the support of the uterus. Also orgasm you will get cramps and backache. This is due to congested veins and a back rub can help.

Hope it helps!

Pregnancy%20ticker