Cramping-what's normal?

iVillage Member
Cramping-what's normal?
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 5:30pm

I feel like I am analyzing every little twitch, pull, cramp, etc, because I am still so nervous about the security of this pregnancy. (see my sig). I don't remember cramping with my 1st, but that was 12 years ago! I could have and just not remember at all. Going thru IVF has made me so anxious, and even though I just want to relax, the cramping and pulling have me worrying. I am not bleeding at all, and the cramps are never the intensity of menstrual cramps. They're different. Just wanted to hear what some of you are feeling so maybe I can put my mind at east. It's still 2 weeks til I go to my next dr appt!

Thanks,

Mindy

Me- 32 years old  Hubby- 33 years old- all normal tests- unexplained infertility
Proud mother of 11 year old son, Logan, from p
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 8:49pm
I am 14 weeks and have been having some mild cramping since yesterday. It kinda freaks me out a little too. My first born is only 3 years old and I don't remember cramping with him either. From what I have read it is pretty normal, but I know what you mean about worrying. I had 3 miscarriages before son so I am always a little nervous. I have one of those fetal dopplers and the heartbeat has still been strong and perfect. That gives me relief :) From what I understand light cramping is okay as long as it is not accompanied by bleeding.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 8:55am
I am nearly 12 weeks and it took us nearly 2 years to conceive and I had some scary bleeding at 8 weeks so I am very paranoid. I still have some mild cramping and pulling every once in a while and I am pretty sure it is normal. I am also trying to eat smaller non-heavy meals and that helps too. I am pretty sure as long as it isnt persistent (all day non-stop) and doesn't get any more intense or have any bleeding that it is fine.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 1:00pm
Unfortunately it can be normal at any point in pregnancy.. But if ur concerned def give call to ob better safe than sry.. I had cramping my whole pregnancy

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 1:42pm
I've been having cramping the last week and a half and it's worrying me a tiny bit too. No bleeding so I just assume it's things growing and streching. I am going to try to pull for an U/S at my OB appt on Friday to set my mind at ease. I have an IVF pregnancy and a bumpy beta start too so I know how you feel about being paranoid something will go wrong!
Cheryl, Mom to 3 year old Aeryn via adoption, TTC since 2003 and finally pregnant via Donor Egg!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 8:57pm

Thanks girls. I still am having the little pulls and twinges, but I'll just assume it's normal since I'm not bleeding and not really uncomfortable. I actually had rented a doppler weeks ago, but hadn't found the heartbeat yet. I tried again 2 days ago and found a strong little heartbeat of 160. Yay! Hopefully that will help relieve my worries!

Me- 32 years old  Hubby- 33 years old- all normal tests- unexplained infertility
Proud mother of 11 year old son, Logan, from p
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 11:58am
I'm 14weeks 3 days.. I wanna use my doppler but I'm afraid if I don't find the heartbeat I'll freak! I started using it at 18 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy.. And found it right away.. U ladies think I'm far enough along to use my Doppler?
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 5:41pm
I have been having some cramping for a few weeks now. I called my midwife when it first started happening. They checked the heartbeat, and it was good. They told me to stay away from red sauces, or anything acidic as they can cause bladder spasms. I had bladder spasms with my first, but not until much later into my pregnancy. I thought I was going into labor for awhile, but a few tests later it was determined that my bladder was acting up from what I was eating.

Hope that's all it is for you!