Help please with low beta

iVillage Member
Help please with low beta
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 1:24pm
Hi. I'm new here. I'm either due May 19 or May 24. However, wed. We I got my positive but it was light (day of missed cycle only 2 hour hold) so I called doc. They ran a blood beta test that day. She calls me the next day and says it is low. The number is 30. So they wanted to do 2 more draws one on fri. And one today. Well I don't have results yet. But they ran through the whole might be a miscarriage and if I start bleeding to much to go to er to make sure I wasn't losing to much blood. They said it would probably happen over the weekend. Well here it is Monday and while the waiting is killing me I have had no spotting at all and only mild cramping off and on. I "feel" pregnant. I'm starving all the time, major increase in smell, bigger tender darker breast. So what do you think, is there hope? I hate this waiting game. Guess just looking for hope :( thanks guys!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 1:53pm

I say it's a positive! A realy light positive is still a positive. Some people swear they don't get positives until a few weeks after they miss AF. The bloodwork was probably low because it tested early. Maybe you had your due dates wrong? Cramping is totally normal for some people. Hopefully you won't bleed and the tests will come out well, then maybe they'll do an u/s to confirm your date.

Fingers crossed!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 3:08pm

I had a positive 10dpo and it was super faint! You might just be super early. Why are they making you wait for friday's results? Call the doc and tell them you want

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 4:16pm
Oh man, I HATE it when doctors do this! You can not tell ANYTHING from one number! It could very well have been late implantation or late ovulation. You can only truly get a good idea of where a pregnancy stands after at least two draws. Ideally the numbers should double, but as long as they are rising by at least 50%, it's a great sign! If they insist on doing another draw today, request that they do it stat, so you will get the results back within 4 hours! GL! Sending you P&PTs!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 11:37pm
When I first got my BFP, my beta was 46. It was just because I found out I was pregnant really early. It sounds like that is probably what happened with you as well. Have you heard any news about Friday's results yet?
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 10:14am
Just lurking but wanted to share that my first beta was 29 and second was 141. My Dr did the same thing and told me the 141 was low (even though it had multiplied almost 5x in 2 days). I changed doctors....for lots of reasons, that being one of them... I'm having a baby in a couple of weeks. Hope that helps a bit with hope and I hope the week goes by fast for you!
Uploaded with