iVillage Member
Positive group B strep :(
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 12:47pm

Just found out that my group B strep came back positive :(

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 7:19pm

I knew it could come and go but didn't realize it could last so short a time span.

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 1:41pm
the crazy thing about Group B Strep... in my opinion, they test way too early for that... you can test positive with it at 36weeks and then test negative for it at 38weeks. Group B Strep isn't one of those things that if you have it earlier on you will still have it at delivery. that is also something to consider. Group B Strep kinda is like having a UTI or a Yeast Infection both of which go away within relatively short periods of time. with or without antibiotics.

I tested positive for Group B Strep with my last pregnancy. tested negative this time. If I ever test positive for Group B Strep again I will request a followup test a week or so before due date. cause things change.... good luck!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 7:09pm

Thanks ladies!

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 6:16pm

I've never had a positive test either, but my best friend did, and she said that it didn't really affect the rest of her pregnancy or her delivery, though she wasn't allergic to anything as far as I know.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 3:35pm
I've never had a positive test.. I was just tested today for this pregnancy.. my cousin tested positive and she is allergic to most everything.. they found the right antibiotic for her before she delivered.. so I'd make sure they have the right antibiotic for u before then as well... : )