Breast or Bottle?

iVillage Member
Breast or Bottle?
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:49pm

Will you breastfeed your baby or bottlefeed?

Will you pump milk or formula feed?

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:20pm

I am going to try BFing but

Cheryl, Mom to 3 year old Aeryn via adoption, TTC since 2003 and finally pregnant via Donor Egg!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 1:48am

Breastfeeding here.

`
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 4:46pm
I have always been a huge breastfeeding proponent, I nursed all my children exclusively from between 15 months to up to 25 months.

However, this time I am just not feeling it. I nursed my last little guy so long because he was supposed to be my last, and I didn't want the experience to end. This one most definitely WILL be my last though but yet I am not feeling the draw to it.

What's wrong with me? To me (just for me personally) it seems dumb to not nurse when I am fully capable, because why should I pay so darned much for something I get free? We aren't well off and shouldn't spend the money on formula if we don't need to.

I am wondering if I will feel it by the time the baby is born. If not, I'm secretly excited about bottle feeding. I've had 4 children and never bottle fed any of them. I almost feel like I'm missing out on something.

Am I a nut?
Jen, momma to 3 DDs, 1 DS, and 2 StepDDs - expecting our 7th! having a baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 12:22pm
I nursed both my kids till the 'bites" started..they both were right at 9 monthes.. Neither boy would stop sinking his teeth in.. Ouch! So I stopped and began pumping..I plan on breastfeeding again with this baby.. I also believe this is strictly the moms choice, i feel fomula is safe..and my thoughts on the subject is there is no wrong choice.. Enjoy ur new babies ladies!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 6:18pm
boobs all the way - i nursed #1 for 3 years, and #2 for 1. The first was a crazy baby and never once could I get him to take a bottle or a pacifier. I used to have to go visit him at daycare to feed him because he literally would not drink anything for 8 hours. They would sometimes try and spoon feed him milk and around 9 months he'd drink a little from a real cup but he was anti-bottle.
#2 was super easy, would drink from anything! but I pumped/nursed for just over a year. he was also the easiest baby in the world to wean. come to think of it... he was the worlds easiest baby to potty train, too! we did it in 2 days when he was 2, just decided to go for it and he was like, ok sure!
Caryn
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 4:16pm

I will breast feed with this one. Heck its free! lol, i plan to do it as long as the baby wants to.

I BF DS1 for about 8 months then switched to whole milk and table foods, then DS2 i BF for about

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 2:30am
I'll be bottle-feeding by choice. I did it with Adriana and Gabriela and I intend to with this baby. It makes it easier that others can help me out when needed. To be honest, I had no desire to BF with Adriana or Gabriela. It sounds odd but it just wasn't something I wanted to do. I'm all for everyone doing what's best for them. I'm in awe of people who BF for so long.

Natasha
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 9:02pm
I tried to BF my daughter, I really did. We had suction issues and I effectively starved her for the first 5 days of her life. It was terrible. We went to the LC on day 5 and she downed a bottle of Enfamil like a dying man! After that I kept trying and pumping and supplementing but it was a real strain on my sanity. I eventually got to where I could pump enough for half of her feedings and the rest I supplemented. I kept that up for 6 months then after a raging case of Mastitis I stopped.
With this one, I'll try breastfeeding again but I won't go to quite the extremes I went to with the first. I don't think my husband would allow it! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 3:22pm

Definitely bottle I'm afraid.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 9:23pm

Thanks for answering questions ladies. I definitely have to think about it for the next several months.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

Pages