Circumcision

iVillage Member
Circumcision
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:50pm

Will you circumcise your LO if you have a boy?

Will LO be kept "intact"?

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: asheo
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:55pm
When I was pregnant with DS at first I thought that we would have it done, but then I watched a video on youtube that completely changed my mind! I just couldn't imagine putting my baby through something that was medically unnecessary... so no, definitely not!

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 11:52am

i am not sure what i am gonna do if a have a boy. If you were to ask me this 10 years ago i would had say yes, but now i am not so sure. I know my husband will want this done and all ours families, but is it really necesary? i know uncircunsize men looks unclean (sorry if offend someone with this comment) but at the same time why cut something is supposed to be there.

Sigh if i have a boy is gonna be tough to make the desicion especially whit my family and my husband saying it has to be done

<baby

baby growth

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 12:23pm
We didn't circumcise with our son, and if this is a boy, we obviously won't again. My husband isn't (his parents were hippies), and he felt strongly about not doing it to our children. I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other. I do think that my family probably thinks it's a little strange that we didn't, but it doesn't mean that they love my son any less!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 11:07am

We had our 1st Son Circumcised, but we did not have our 2nd Son. We both did more reading with DS #2 and came to the conclusion that it was not necessary. We both wish we had done more reading with #1 now!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 4:08pm

If I have a boy, I plan on circumcising him, for no other reason than personal preference. My Dad and brother are not, however, DH is. And although it's not common, I have seen a handful of my patients have some pretty severe complications way later in life with recurring infections resulting in adult circumcision... Ouch!!

April-1.jpg April - Scrapblog picture by lilmamaof32008

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 1:17pm

Intact all the way! Why would they be born with that skin if it isn't there for a reason? :) My son isn't, though his dad is. My boyfriend isn't, but his sons were done pretty much agaisnt his will. Honestly, the circed penis looks so weird to me now! Uncirced penises are NOT dirty at all! It's called showering, people! :) Can you tell I'm passionate about this subject? I think it's great that, at least in my state, insurance companies will not pay for this procedure!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 2:40pm

If we have a boy we will not circumcise.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 4:25pm

All the guys in my family and my husbands family are circumcized but I don't plan on it if we have a boy. I know it will be a big argument with DH but I feel very strongly about it, especially after watching the video. It's completely unnecessary and a matter of preference! My preference just happens to be that I don't want to put my child through unneccesary pain! He'll have the rest of his life for that! lol

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 5:02pm

DS #1 was circ'd because I was 17 and didn't do the research, I just thought that was what you were supposed to do.

Lanie pregnancy
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 6:58pm
Wow it sounds like it's becoming more mainstream to not circ! We did not with our son and won't ever do it for any future boys we have. We live on the west coast and it's pretty common not to here.

Pages