Drinking in Early Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Drinking in Early Pregnancy?
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 8:37am

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 12:43pm

I don't know how much weight I would give to that study. I teach a drug and alcohol class and drinking as early as 19 days into the pregnancy has the potential for negative effects. A glass of wine early on wouldn't hurt anything but I find no reason to drink anything more than that if you know you're pregnant.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 4:23pm

weird. I dont know what to believe with alcohol. There are too many different stories.

But if its true good for me, cause the first 3 weeks of this pregnancy i drank just about every night, between labor day and 2 weeks vacation, yeah i was drinking, lol. it was an unplanned pregnancy so I didnt know until i was late. oops.

but my doc said as long as i stopped when i found out which i did.

there are so many mixed ideas about drinking and pregnancy. Cause if your not planning a preg, then i am sure a lot of women drink early on without even knowing. And my last preg my doc said it was fine to have a drink of beer or wine every week if i wanted. ( i didnt, just had a glass of champagne 2 times new years and my bros b-day) but my doc this time said none at all, yet she also said the early drinking wouldnt affect anything >???

Lilypie Maternity tickers