OB or Midwife, Hospital/Home/Birthing Center

iVillage Member
OB or Midwife, Hospital/Home/Birthing Center
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:52pm

Will you deliver your baby with an OB or a Midwife?

In hospital, at home, or in a birthing center?

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 10:17pm
Well.. my first delivery, 6 lb 2 oz baby, ended with over a 4th degree rip.. ugh.. i hurt for almost a year.. i was on bed rest for 3 months from the severe rip.. i could barely move.. so i discussed with my doc.. whom i love.. he told me it might not happen again or it could... So i opted for cant happen... I had a c-section and was moving around that night with so much LESS pain i cried... I could not funtion at all after my vaginal birth.. so being able to take care of my baby by my self was awesome! I have a date for my c-section all ready... I wish i could have another vaginal, and my doc is on board if i choose to have a v-bac.. but i had such a better experiance with my.c-section im terrified to try a v-bac.. if any one has had what ive had and gone to have babies with ur butt intact id love to hear about it.. a part of me wants that vaginal birth that goes "good"... Does that make since?
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 12:24am
I personally have not - but I do have a friend who had a 4th degree tear with baby 1 and just had baby 2 w/ episiotomy but no tearing.
Caryn
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 1:37am

My first was born in a freestanding birth center....really fantastic experience.

`

Pages