Push Presents- Yay or Nay?

iVillage Member
Push Presents- Yay or Nay?
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 10:12am

If you haven’t heard by now, celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe’s exceptionally generous husband Rodger Berman surprised his fashionable wife with a super-blingy push present for delivering their baby boy, Skyler: a nearly 10-carat cushion cut diamond ring designed by jeweler Neil Lane. Zoe is reportedly “thrilled” with the gift (is there any other reaction to a $250,000 ring?), tweeted a picture of it and has been wearing it non-stop.

Check out a picture here- http://www.ivillage.com/see-rachel-zoes-push-present-did-you-get-anything/6-a-349155

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 12:10pm
I've never received a push present before... they seem kind of silly to me.
My present is the baby.

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 12:36am
I never turn down presents! I got diamond solitaire earrings for Christmas one month before dd was born. I considered that mt push present. I'd better get a new car for this one. It's going to be a tight squeeze with two car seats in my Saturn!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 9:43pm
I give gifts to the kids (cousins, nieces,nephews)when their sibling is born.. i wrap um up and make it special.. so much attention is off them and on the new baby and recovering.mother.. i had heard of push presents.. i also feel the baby is the present.. but the little kids get a tired and wore out mommy and daddy and a crying, pooping, peeing baby.. lol.. so in my family we give push presents but they go to kids..