Charlotte Lourice Born at 12:39PM on 4-26-2013

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Charlotte Lourice Born at 12:39PM on 4-26-2013
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 1:28pm

Not a whole lot to my delivery. We checked into the hospital a little bit before 10AM, C-section scheduled for noon. They got my IV started and the doctor was a little bit late but either way, baby was coming out that day. All I remember from the birth was getting prepped in the OR and then waking up in my recovery room. I was very groggy and very much in pain since they hadn't gotten my morphine started yet as the nurse apparently hadn't used the new PCA machines the hospital had rolled out the day prior. >.<

My husband brought over our little girl to me and they were asking if I wanted to do skin to skin yet but at the time I was barely coherent enough to know what was going on. I didn't spend long in the recovery room and they brought us up to my postpartum room where I finally felt better after getting some morphine in my system and taking the edge off the pain. She weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 19" long. (She's already over 7 lbs now as of the end of last week at her 2 week checkup). She got down to 5 lbs 10.5 oz at the hospital but my breastmilk came in on day 3 very strongly and I got engorged so I ended up pumping to get it out and going for her, her little mouth had trouble latching on the couple days of engorgement. She latches really well and built up quite the supply in her first few days of breastfeeding. (She also has a favorite breast already, my right, lol!)

Weird thing my OB said that during the surgery he found my uterus rotated a bit to the right so it took him a little bit longer to get her out since he was attempting to correct it first.

Enough talking, here's the pictures!

Gen + Michael (06-30-05)

Big Sis Ashlin (11-15-05) & Baby #2 (05-08-2013)

Little one is growing!

iVillage Member

Oh my goodness- she is adorable!  Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl.  Welcome to the world, Charlotte. 

photo snowsiggy.png