November Checkin!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
November Checkin!
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 10:56am

So I thought we should do a checkin to update everyone on how things are going. I know that this is the month when we go into the second trimester, announcements happen, people find out, we may start to need to get into maternity clothes and all that fun stuff!

Name:

EDD:

How are you doing with your symptoms? Are you feeling any better yet?

What are your holiday plans(For those in US w/Thanksgiving around the corner)? Anyone planning to do the reveal to families then?

Are you going to do any black friday shopping?

Any upcoming appointments?

Have any belly pics or ultrasound pics you'd like to show off?

What are you or others hoping or think that the gender will be of this baby so far?

Gen + Michael (06-30-05)

Big Sis Ashlin (11-15-05) & Baby #2 (05-08-2013)

Little one is growing!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 5:11pm

Name: Gale

EDD: May 5th

How are you doing with your symptoms? Are you feeling any better yet? Feel great. The morning sickness was never really bad and went away quickly.

What are your holiday plans(For those in US w/Thanksgiving around the corner)? Anyone planning to do the reveal to families then? We're visiting family for Thanksgiving but staying put for Christmas. We already did our reveal, though =)

Are you going to do any black friday shopping? Maybe online, maybe some in stores, too, depending on the deals. 

Any upcoming appointments? Regular appointment on the 27th. And the anatomy scan on the 12th of December. Can't wait to find out what we're having!

Have any belly pics or ultrasound pics you'd like to show off? I have had one u/s and it measured me a week early. I was due the 12th, but it switched me to the 5th =)  No belly pics yet. 

What are you or others hoping or think that the gender will be of this baby so far? Some people are suggesting they want a girl. I don't really care - I just want healthy! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 12:21am

I'm here. My symptoms suck!!! Both twins are currently still intact and I am really hoping they will be 1 boy and 1 girl. Thanksgiving we will be headed to my mom's. Origionally we wanted to go up to WA to my in-laws but given there living situation that isn't going to happen. That's kinda okay because then I get to do my midnight maddness Black friday shopping (the deals are worth all the people when you're broke, plus DH has been known to run people over with the cart if they get pushy with him... LOL)

My next dr appt is 11.13 and then I have an appt with the Dr & Nutrionalist on 11.20

Taking a 10 week belly pic on Sunday, no new u/s pics yet. I know I'll probably have one before the month is out . 

Siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 4:15pm

Name: Michelle

EDD: May 16

How are you doing with your symptoms? Are you feeling any better yet?
Definitely feeling better than i have for the past month and a half or so. I am still EXHAUSTED, but most of the nausea and headaches are gone. And my appetite is returning, which is not necessarily a good thing.

What are your holiday plans(For those in US w/Thanksgiving around the corner)? Anyone planning to do the reveal to families then?
I'm up here in Canada, so we've already had our Thanksgiving. For Christmas we do the two-family-shuffle, visiting both my folks and DH's. Everyone here already knows (I can't keep a secret to save my life, and since this is not my first pg my tummy has already exploded outward - not much point in hiding it).

Are you going to do any black friday shopping?
No black Friday sales up here. Cry But I may see if I can get a few deals on baby stuff online.

Any upcoming appointments? OB appt next Wednesday. First one with this doc. She's filling in for my previous OB while she's on mat leave. I'm anxious to hear the results of my NT scan, which was earlier this week. The NT value was totally normal, but my age is a major factor (I'm an old geezer at 40), and other things factor in too to give the final risk ratio.

Have any belly pics or ultrasound pics you'd like to show off?
This was our FB announcement, posted on Halloween. The us pic was taken at 10 weeks.

What are you or others hoping or think that the gender will be of this baby so far?
No guesses here. I am happy either way, as long as we end up with a healthy baby. One of my girlfriends dreamed we had a girl, and she has been pretty accurate in the past, but who knows.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 4:14pm

Name: Bonny

EDD: May 21

How are you doing with your symptoms? Are you feeling any better yet? I have been feeling better lately but am still having nausea that comes and goes for a few days at a time.  My energy seems to be coming back though which is nice.

What are your holiday plans(For those in US w/Thanksgiving around the corner)? Anyone planning to do the reveal to families then? I'm in Canada so we don't have any holidays here before Christmas and we told pretty much everyone this past weekend.

Are you going to do any black friday shopping? Maybe online.

Any upcoming appointments? Just a regular monthly checkup with the doctor on the 22nd.

Have any belly pics or ultrasound pics you'd like to show off? No pictures.  Haven't taken any belly pictures yet and I won't have my first ultrasound until near the end of December.

What are you or others hoping or think that the gender will be of this baby so far? So far my husband thinks boy and a few other have said girl.  I am just hoping for a healthy baby!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:08am

Name: Gen

EDD: 05-08-2013 (#2)

How are you doing with your symptoms? Are you feeling any better yet?  I'm doing okay, my HR seems a little faster and that's causing a few comfort issues, BP is staying nice and low so I'm hoping that stays the norm for the rest of the pregnancy. No more nausea but smells still really set me off. I'm not as tired, yay!

What are your holiday plans? Anyone planning to do the reveal to families then? For the holiday, it's just going to be me, DH and DD. The IL's were going to come up but then backed out. Meh, oh well. Would've been nice to have some family but no big deal.

Are you going to do any black friday shopping? Only online!  People are too crazy out there to be taking myself and my little one all safe and sound among those folks.

Any upcoming appointments? This friday with the MFM doctors since I'm high risk more due to past history and watching the placenta position (making sure it moves up). Then back with doc a week after, lol

Have any belly pics or ultrasound pics you'd like to show off? From my NT scan! Baby measured 13w2d that day although I was supposed to be 12w6d then.

What are you or others hoping or think that the gender will be of this baby so far? We just want a healthy baby! The charts say boy and for some reason my mind keeps thinking boy but, looking through the U/S video, I keep thinking that this little one is going to be a girl. We'll see!

Gen + Michael (06-30-05)

Big Sis Ashlin (11-15-05) & Baby #2 (05-08-2013)

Little one is growing!