A delightful surprise

iVillage Member
A delightful surprise
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:51pm

Hi all.

I just thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. I'm Michelle. I'm mom to 3 year old IVF twins and just last week we were astonished to learn that we are expecting again!

This one is a singleton (a big sigh of relief could be heard at the u/s, I'll tell you), and we are so excited about adding to our little family.

Anyway, I was a very active member of these boards while we were trying to conceive our twins, and also for a while after their birth. But I haven't been around in a long while. I am hoping to connect with some other moms and share what I know as well as learn from the rest of you.

I look forward to many conversations between now and May!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 4:03pm

Welcome to the board and congrats!  I too found out I was expecting a little later than usual. I ended up finding out when I was almost 11 weeks! Just two weeks ago, it's taken a bit to wrap my head around especially since I've recently started to show. 

So how are you feeling and what, if any, symptoms are you having so far? 

Gen + Michael (06-30-05)

Big Sis Ashlin (11-15-05) & Baby #2 (05-08-2013)

Little one is growing!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 8:51am

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on expecting your third child and welcome to the May 2013 Expecting Club!  I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 4:11pm

Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

I was around 10 weeks when I found out, so you and I are in pretty similar situations Gen (I'm going to assume that's your name from your username - please correct me if I'm wrong). It's really weird for me because the first time was assisted and we knew at exactly 5 weeks, and were monitored extensively throughout. This whole getting pregnant naturally - and accidentally! - thing is way new to me.

I will likely be one of the older moms here too. I turned 40 last week. Eek! Not too worried about the maternal age thing, though. My first pregnancy was nearly perfect and I was 37 and carrying twins, so I feel good about getting this singleton over the finish line safely. Smile

I have been having brutal m/s symptoms since what I now know was about 6 weeks. Serious exhaustion, constant nausea (but no vomiting, thank goodness) and headaches. It's easing up a bit now and I hope most of it will be gone by 13 or 14 weeks.

How about you? Much m/s? Is this your first pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:19pm
Hello!!! :-) Congrats!! How exciting!!