A delightful surprise

iVillage Member
A delightful surprise
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:51pm

Hi all.

I just thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. I'm Michelle. I'm mom to 3 year old IVF twins and just last week we were astonished to learn that we are expecting again!

This one is a singleton (a big sigh of relief could be heard at the u/s, I'll tell you), and we are so excited about adding to our little family.

Anyway, I was a very active member of these boards while we were trying to conceive our twins, and also for a while after their birth. But I haven't been around in a long while. I am hoping to connect with some other moms and share what I know as well as learn from the rest of you.

I look forward to many conversations between now and May!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 4:03pm

Welcome to the board and congrats!  I too found out I was expecting a little later than usual. I ended up finding out when I was almost 11 weeks! Just two weeks ago, it's taken a bit to wrap my head around especially since I've recently started to show. 

So how are you feeling and what, if any, symptoms are you having so far? 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 8:51am

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on expecting your third child and welcome to the May 2013 Expecting Club!  I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 4:11pm

Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

I was around 10 weeks when I found out, so you and I are in pretty similar situations Gen (I'm going to assume that's your name from your username - please correct me if I'm wrong). It's really weird for me because the first time was assisted and we knew at exactly 5 weeks, and were monitored extensively throughout. This whole getting pregnant naturally - and accidentally! - thing is way new to me.

I will likely be one of the older moms here too. I turned 40 last week. Eek! Not too worried about the maternal age thing, though. My first pregnancy was nearly perfect and I was 37 and carrying twins, so I feel good about getting this singleton over the finish line safely. Smile

I have been having brutal m/s symptoms since what I now know was about 6 weeks. Serious exhaustion, constant nausea (but no vomiting, thank goodness) and headaches. It's easing up a bit now and I hope most of it will be gone by 13 or 14 weeks.

How about you? Much m/s? Is this your first pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:19pm
Hello!!! :-) Congrats!! How exciting!!