Surprise last night, I'm really due in May!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Surprise last night, I'm really due in May!
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 2:31pm

So when I got my BFP, I calculated based on my lmp and got a date of June 18th, 2013. But something just didn't add up, I felt fullness as well as some pg symptoms and in my gut, I knew my EDD had to be wrong. Last month I started having pg symptoms and kept putting off buying a test until I had AF, what I thought was AF, and it was a doozy, so I figured, that was that, I'm not pg. But the symptoms kept going, I kept telling myself I should see a doctor but life got busy and it got put on the backburner of my mind (I was still spotting, mind you and the cramps lasted at least 10 days).  

Well...  I was right on the money about stuff not feeling quite right, although I didn't realize how off my EDD really was. I was having pain last night on my left side and started to worry about an ectopic due to how much pain it was. I ended up going to the ER and they did the blood work (HCG was through the roof as the nurse put it), and ordered an ultrasound. 

Turns out, I didn't have AF last month. o.0  (TMI) I had massive cramps and heavy clotting bleed but through all of that, there was a baby still nestled away. While I had symptoms last month and suspected I may be pregnant, I put it out of my mind since I had what I thought was AF. 

So the pain? Left sided ureter getting caught up in ligaments/scar tissue/uterus - compressing it down and causing my pain. I get to cope with it with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, yay! (ugh). Baby? Alive and well at 11 weeks 5 days! (As of last night) EDD? May 8th, 2013. WOW 

So why did I have what seemed like a normal but very crampy AF? They found marginal placenta previa and now my OB visit has been bumped up to a more high risk OB and this week. The crampy part, I'm still unsure about but the OB will be getting a long list of questions from us this week. 

So here I am, Gen, due May 8th, 2013 11 weeks 6 days. o.0

iVillage Member

Wow!  What a roller coaster you've had this past couple of months.  Well, congrats on the earlier due date and welcome to the May 2013 expecting club.

Dyan

Due May 1, 2013 by ultrasound (April 27, 2013 by LMP)

Married DH 12/27/99

Mom to DD 9, DD 6, DS 3

PCOS; 4 miscarriages