Not a blighted Ovum after all. But still a miscarriage.

iVillage Member
Not a blighted Ovum after all. But still a miscarriage.
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:28am

Well, I went in last Thursday for a follow up ultrasound. They did see my baby, but there was no heartbeat. The ultrasound tech said that the yolk sac was extremely large, which leads her to believe that it there were defects and that the baby was never going to make it. 

My Dr. said that I needed a D&C as soon as possible, so I went in on Friday to have that done. Thankfully, I have had no pain whatsoever and very minimal bleeding. But I almost feel like that was the wrong choice and that my Dr pressured me into it. I should have just let things happen on their own. 

I'm a little bit numb by it all really. My husband doesn't really seem fazed by it at all. He says that all that matters is that I am healthy (which I appreciate), but it just seems like he is very flipant about losing our baby. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Gentle (((HUGS))) to you.

When you are ready, please consider visiting our Miscarriage & Pregnancy Loss Support topic.  The ladies there are wonderful and they offer a great deal of support and understanding.

Miscarriage & Pregnancy Loss Support- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/forum/20173

photo snowsiggy.png