2013 Flu Season

iVillage Member
2013 Flu Season
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 10:25am

Getting sick during your pregnancy is no fun any time of year, but during flu season -- which is here in full force -- moms-to-be need to take extra precautions to avoid catching the virus.

Pregnant women are more likely to get the flu and to have severe complications from it, thanks in part to the decreased immunity that pregnancy causes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). What's more, having the flu while pregnant may increase your risk of premature labor and delivery.

With 80 percent of the country now reporting influenza outbreaks, it's critical that pregnant women know how to prevent and treat the flu. Here's what you need to know.

http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-why-you-should-get-flu-shot/6-a-278226

Did you/will you get the flu vaccine?  Anyone here been sick with the flu yet this season? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:16pm

I got the flu shot back in Oct. along with all 5 of my kiddos... My dh is the only one who didn't get vaccinated this year. So far nobody has gotten anything besides nasty sinus infections and 24hr stomach bugs. Though with dh being a teacher we still have a long season ahead of us.. :p

Photobucket