Drinking Alcohol During Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Drinking Alcohol During Pregnancy?
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 7:59am

A recent study published in the obstetrics and gynecology journal BJOG found that, indeed, women who had two to six drinks per week (or one per day) early in their pregnancy tended to have children with more positive behavior than women who didn’t drink at all.

Read the entire article here- http://www.ivillage.com/can-light-drinking-early-p​regnancy-actually-be-beneficial/6-a-210545?ice=iv...

What do you think? How do you feel about drinking any amount of alcohol during pregnancy? Is your doctor okay with a bit here and there?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 8:29am

Just my 2 cents of course, but I am a strict no alcohol person during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I am a maybe a wine cooler once a year type person anyhow... We have a high rate of alcoholism in our families (both me and my dh side) so I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to that kind of thing... Again, just my opinion but why risk it really?....

Jennifer..mama to 5 kiddos, adding another in May!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 11:25am
This article is really surprising. I honestly don't think I could make myself have a drink while pregnant. It seems like alcohol is something bad for you, and you have a baby forming in you so.... no alcohol. I actually work at a brewery, and get a lot of free beer, but I don't ever drink it while pregnant. That seems crazy.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 12:10pm

I say no alcohol during pregnancy. I'm not totally against having a glass of wine sometimes, I wouldn't judge you if you were at the table with me and sipped wine, but personally, I won't drink any alcohol at all!

*AUBREY* --- Mommy to Kadin, born on December 3rd 2007 & Korbin, born May 20th 2013!