Drinking Caffeine During Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Drinking Caffeine During Pregnancy?
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 10:04am

What do you think?  How do you feel about drinking caffeine during pregnancy? Will you be cutting down the amount of caffeine you drink?

Women can drink a cup of coffee or one soft drink a day during pregnancy and not worry that it might put them at risk of miscarriage or preterm birth, according to new guidelines released by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Read the entire article here- http://www.ivillage.com/moderate-caffeine-intake-s​afe-during-pregnancy-experts-say/4-a-229488?ice=i...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 10:27am
I still drink my coffee in the morning. I used to drink several cups, but I cut it to one. I'm slowly making it with half decaf though...and then I'll wean myself off altogether. But I can't give it up completely. Everything in moderation!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 12:31am
I still drink one cup of coffee a day. I don't drink soda or tea anyway. Last time I quit coffee all together for a little while, but it was hard. At the end though my heartburn was so horrible I quit until the baby was born, then started up again because I was so exhausted.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 12:05pm

When I got pregnant with my son 5 years ago I cut way down on soda and tea (not really a coffe drinker at all anyway, so not a problem). Since I've had him I rarely drink soda, I just don't care much for it, and it gives me the dang hiccups! I do love sweet tea, but even not being pregnant I've limited that, not only because of caffeine, but the sugar too. I drink bottled water 97% of the time. Maybe once or twice a week I'll have one cup of tea with dinner, but really I haven't even had any lately...strictly water! Coffee is definitely not a problem for me, I'm not one to wake up and fix coffee to get my day started, it just makes me jittery anyway. I do like drinking the holiday flavored ones from Starbucks sometimes, like the pumpkin spice, mmmm! So I'll have maybe a few of those by the end of this year, their prices keep me away from them too lol. So, as you can see I'm not really worried about caffeine!

*AUBREY* --- Mommy to Kadin, born on December 3rd 2007 & Korbin, born May 20th 2013!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:04am
I am usually a 2-3 cup a day person, but I have cut back to one small cup in the morning.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:31pm
I know I can drink one a day, but I don't because of my history of multiple miscarriages. If more than two increases the miscarriage risk, I'd rather not have any.... Just to be safe.

Dyan

Due May 1, 2013 by ultrasound (April 27, 2013 by LMP)

Married DH 12/27/99

Mom to DD 9, DD 6, DS 3

PCOS; 4 miscarriages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 4:06pm

I've always had 1-2 cups with all of my pregnancies.  If I'm having a really tough day, I'll even have another cup in the afternoon or a soda.