Light spotting?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Light spotting?
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 11:19am

Sorry if TMI.

Last night when I wiped there was red-tinted mucus. I've had the mucus part on and off since conception (I'm 7 weeks). But there was red, not brown, not pink. But a slight amount. So I put my feet up and waited until I needed to "go" again. And again there was red on the mucus. Very small amount.

So I went to bed. Woke up about 1/2 hour later with some cramping and back pain. Went back to sleep. Woke up this morning with no more red, no cramping.

My first appointment is next Friday (21st), should I just mention it to the dr then? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Michelle

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 1:41pm

this can be normal if it stoped i wouldnt worry too much ! let ur doc no aspa also u can always call ur nurse and ask her what she think and they will tell u weather to come in or not i had stoping brown and pink  this time and with my other 2 !

Photobucket  

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 2:10pm

I had the same thing happen in my last pregnancy, they considered it an easily irritated cervix.. spotted off and on for the whole first trimester..drove me nuts...  It's really so hard to tell, but I would call the doc and see if you might be able to sneak in earlier just to ease your mind. Of course if the cramps or spotting get worse I wouldn't hesitate to go in or call asap.. Hoping it's nothing!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 9:43pm

I'm glad you brought up this thread.  I've been wondering the same thing myself.  Guess it could never hurt to ask a doc and see what's going on.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:59am
I am experiencing some of the same thing. My mayo clinic book says it's pretty common for women to experience light spotting and that it's usually nothing to worry about. Definitely call if it gets worse, though.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:29am

I have it too.  Mine is more pinkish and I've had it for over a week.  But I'm not letting myself get worked up over it. I do have my first appt. tomorrow.  The Dr. called me last week and we spoke about the spotting and she's not concerned either.  

Drink LOTS of water!

Stay positive.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers