Picture of our BABY!

iVillage Member
Picture of our BABY!
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:20am

We had our NT scan yesterday and it was AWESOME!  We could see the baby swallowing and opening & clenching its hands.  S/he was being very active!  The 4d scan is unbelievable!   I paid for one with my DD later in pregnancy but it was so cool to see it this early in such detail.  It grabbed the umbilical cord and started shaking it!  We all laughed at the sight!   I so wish we had a video of that.  It's so hard to believe that it's less than 3 inches tall!     

I had eaten lunch 40 minutes before the scan.  Fed it a cinnamon raisen bagel ;)  

Baby is measuring just one day behind. I was 12 weeks 4 days.  

The pic makes it look like its a boy but another one from the same angle doesn't have the *dangle*

Upload a File: 
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:24am

Wow!  What a great ultrasound picture!  The 4D scan sounds AMAZING too!  So good to see your little one for the first time, isn't it?

photo snowsiggy.png

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2012 - 3:53pm

What a great pic!  I didn't even know they did the 3D/4D US this early, that's too cool!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 4:28pm

Hey Gen,

I didn't have this with my DD.  The NT Scan (Nuchal Translucency) scan is becoming more common.  It's done the same time the Quad screening is done.  My OB's office only has a sonographer every two weeks.  The perfect time for me to get it done was Thanksgiving.  Since I couldn't be accomodated there, she referred me to a perinatologist office.  They usually have the best of the best machines.  I'm so glad too.  We told my DD she was going to be a big sister the night before, so it was REALLY exciting for her to see her baby brother/sister.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 1:14pm

We had the NT scan as well 4 weeks ago but it was only in 2D. :P 

I actually got the full thing on a DVD! I still watch it from time to time.