When's Your First Appointment?

iVillage Member
When's Your First Appointment?
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 8:59am

Are you eagerly awaiting your first prenatal appointment? Wondering what to expect when you go in?

What can you expect at your first prenatal visit?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnancy-what-can-you-expect-your-first-prenatal-visit/6-n-138575?ice=iv:mb...

When is your first appointment? My doctor always made me wait until I was 10-12 weeks along and the wait killed me! How about you? When do you go in for your first appointment?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 7:00pm

My 1st appt is on the 28th.  They wanted me to come in around 6 weeks.  i"m curious to know if any ladies on the board who've had appts between 6-8 weeks have had an ultrasound?  I've never had one at my first appointmen (have had 3 pregnancies prior to this one)t but have known many who have.  After having 2 mc, I think it would ease my mind to be able to see the baby.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 11:24am

My first appointment is coming up this Tuesday!! I'll be about 4 weeks and 5 days! I think it's just to get the prenatal appointments established and things like that. It won't even be with my OB/GYN, it'll be with one of the midwives there, then from there I can set up future appointments with my OB. I'm super excited! I'm really glad they are doing this appointment so soon becuase as of right now, I'm not really feeling too pregnant anymore...my boobs aren't all that sore anymore, I don't get quite as nauseous all day anymore...everything is kind of petering off and I just want to go and make sure everything is still good. Hopefully I'm just one of the lucky ones who won't have too much trouble during pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I felt great, so I hope that's the case with this one and that nothing is wrong! I'll update after my first appointment on Tuesday!! :smileyhappy:

*AUBREY* --- Mommy to Kadin, born on December 3rd 2007 & Korbin, born May 20th 2013!