How Did You Know You Were Pregnant?

iVillage Member
How Did You Know You Were Pregnant?
Mon, 09-30-2013 - 7:15am

When you're trying to conceive, the wait between ovulation and the date when your period is due can seem to take forever -- and every little sympton adds to the guessing game ofAm I Pregnant

Jessica Simpson recently told Elle she had a gut feeling that she was pregnant: "We were goin' to have an all-day drinking binge....Gonna ride our bikes, hang out…do naughty things. But I started feeling this overwhelming guilt. Why would I feel guilt at the idea of going out and having cocktails with my friends?"

http://www.ivillage.com/jessica-simpson-reveals-early-signs-pregnancy/6-a-434539

How did you just *know* that you were pregnant? What made you take that first pregnancy test?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-01-2013 - 11:00am
I had a thought that it was possible when I just was SO tired all the time. However, my missing period was the one main thing that made me test. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-10-2013 - 9:38pm

My family and I had just got done moving, my husband and my son had just gotten over the stomach flu and I just wasn't feeling well either. I am a nanny for a little toddler and his dad was supposed to come and pick him up after work, but one day I was so nauseous so I sent him a text telling him to please come as soon as he was done with work because I felt awful. He jokingly asked if I was pregnant...and at the time I didn't think I was. But then I thought about it and amongst the chaos, I didn't realize that my period was 2 days late (which never happens).. So only being half serious, I asked my husband to go to the store to get me ginger ale, powerade and a pregnancy test. He did, and after a nap, I felt better and decided to try out the test. POSITIVE! Woot. :)