VBAC

iVillage Member
VBAC
Mon, 10-21-2013 - 6:40pm

Anyone planning a VBAC??? My doc won't do it so I am currently searching for a new one. What are your thoughts??

iVillage Member
In reply to: nasaccfl
Tue, 10-22-2013 - 3:18pm
Hi there, iVillage has a VBAC Support board you should check out. The ladies there would have some great advice and feedback to share with you. Best of luck to you and I hope you find a doctor that will work for you! VBAC Support- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/forum/18900

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
In reply to: nasaccfl
Mon, 11-11-2013 - 11:07pm

I had 2 successful vag deliveries with no complications before my c-section so my doc says I'm a good candidate for a VBAC and in fact said he'd encourage me to do that vs a repeat section. A lot of times it depends on the reason why you had your c-section. For me, it was a breech presentation and I had an idiot doctor (not the one I have now obviously) who refused to try and turn him although there was no indication that it shouldn't have been done. 
Unfortunately, there are some doctors who still have the outdated belief of "once a section, always a section" although current research and statistics say that in some instances, a repeat section actually has more risks than benefits. Like I said, it depends on the reason why you had your previous section. I agree with Kristy... hop on over to that other board she suggested. I'm going to go check it out as well.