Already getting comments...

iVillage Member
Already getting comments...
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 4:33pm

I was shopping today and already got a comment from a stranger about how I look like "that baby is about to pop out any'" moment."  Thanks, lady.  I had no idea that I looked that LARGE already. I'm sure I'll get the "shouldn't you be at home waiting to go to the hospital?" comments in no time.  Those were fun last time around.

Anyone else already hearing these things?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 4:48pm

I have been getting those comments non-stop since I was at least 4.5 months pregnant, I carry really big for some reason DD was almost 12lbs at birth no gestational diabetes. Also I work at a hospital so I get comments all the time from people saying I am in the right place just in case. People are just rude ignore them and enjoy the 3rd trimester (easier said than done lol), don't let them get you or come with something slick to say like "I'm not pregnant" and just keep a straight face and walk away.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 7:39pm
Hahaha... that comeback would get some shocked faces, I'm sure.

Good luck!! I see your due date is approaching quickly!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 7:56pm
I know they don't mean to be rude but no pregnant women wants to hear that stuff; its like telling someone that is sick that they look aweful, gee thanks!!!

I think I must have an unapproachable look because I rarely get anyone asking if I am pregnant or to touch ( probably could count it on one hand over 3 pregnancies) or the other related comments. The exception is dh and my kids and they are lucky I still love them after the stuff they say!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 8:25pm
I think my belly just looks huge in comparison to the rest of my body. Maybe it catches people off guard and they feel compelled to comment. DH says I don't look pregnant from the backside and then I turn around and it's quite obvious, so maybe it's the contrast of the belly against a relatively thin frame otherwise that makes people think I'm about to pop one out any minute. It doesn't bother me really, except I wonder what I'm going to look like in another two months right before baby is due.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 9:04pm
I got a comment about 6 weeks ago, so I would have been about 4 1/2 months. I was miserable and at the grocery store and a lady came up to me asking if I was dealing with the heat OK. Then she said that she had a baby once in July, also. When I got to my car I realized that it sure sounded like she thought I was about due! Right now I am 27 weeks and measuring 2 weeks ahead. I am used to having 6 to 7 pound babies. This little guy is going to be a 9 pounder! I'm sure I"ll get plenty more comments.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 12:11pm
This being my 3rd baby, I feel ridiculous. I've never carried small. I have 7, almost 8 pound babies. My husband says I might be carrying a little larger than last time, but I'm pretty sure I'm huge since my maternity clothes from last time are getting stupid looking.
When anyone asks me when I'm due, they sort of smile sheepishly. Last week at school registration, someone asked me if I was ready. When I told her "Not until the end of November" she got pretty wide eyed. ugh....I know it will get worse.
I'm just one of the "lucky" ones who gets to look as big as a house....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 5:43pm
Yeah. I sort of want to slap the *awkward smile* around sometimes. We'll call that "raging hormones."

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:04pm

One of the ladies at the grocery store I shop at, said "Wow! You haven't popped YET?!?!?" When I told her that I wasn't due until November, she seemed a little embarrassed :smileyhappy: 

I remember getting the same comment when I was pregnant with my 1st, a full 3 1/2 months before he was born and he was 12 lbs... no gestational diabetes with him either, so I'm scared that I'm in for another big baby this time around.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:08am

People kept telling me I was little.  (This is my first.) So I got worried.  I feel PLENTY big and I thought maybe they're just trying to be nice.  But so many people kept saying it so I asked my doctor.  She had measured me and stuff and my uterus is measuring fine and I'm okay as far as weight gain, even gained a little more than avg one month.  But she didn't seem concerned.  Anyway, she said she didn't know why people even talk.  She was just like, people just shouldn't comment unless they have MD!  lol

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:21am
Agreed. I am super short waisted. There is NO PLACE for the baby to go but OUT. I'm not that short (about 5'5.5") but there really isn't room other than out to the front. I think people just want to talk about pregnancy sometimes and that's the only way they know how to approach it. Either that, or they are just a little rude!

Pages