Any other sleep-a-holics out there?

iVillage Member
Any other sleep-a-holics out there?
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 1:21pm

I can't seem to get enough sleep lately! I get a good 8 or 9 a night but I am beyond EXHAUSTED! This morning I actually went back to bed and took a nap after getting dd's breakfast. I hate using the TV as a babysitter but I can't function - my kids are running circles around me, I just can't keep up!

I was fine earlier this week but whatever is going on in there right now is stealing all of my energy. This kid has impeccable timing - my in laws are coming to visit on Sunday for my youngest's birthday and her party the next day which means I need to get my house back in shape and set up sleeping quarters. Hopefully my energy will be back up tomorrow because today is a write off, I don't even want to make supper. I wish I was back in bed!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 7:43pm
I have found a great all natural fruit smoothie drink that helps pick up my energy. It is made by Naked juice company. My favorite Naked drink is Red Machine. If I can not find that I will grab a Odwalla
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 8:05am
Thanks for the tip, I will have to look next time at the grocery store. My energy seems fine today. Yesterday I actually fell asleep on the couch after feeding my kids supper - I was shocked when I woke up an hour later! Felt like my body was fighting a flu yesterday but without the flu ; ) Lots of work to get done today!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 4:29pm

Today is the first day (HA - I'm 3w6d) that I've been sleepy in the afternoons.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 10:01pm
My name is Heather, and I'm a sleep-a-holic! Seriously, I was so tired at work today that I laid my head down on my desk and took a 5 minute mini-nap. I'm used to taking a nap most days, but the past few days I have been excessively sleepy. Can't wait for that energy kick of the second trimester, I just feel so nonproductive right now!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 11:08am

Im tired here too!!!! I will be taking a nap shortly myself! lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 3:41pm

Sunday afternoons seem to be my time to sleep it all away. Set the alarm for a 20 min nap that turned into a 40 min nap. We'd planned to bake cookies for a party tonight and my husband ended up baking them without me, so that I could sleep longer. Considering I've been dropping everything lately, that was probably a wise move too!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 10:15pm
I did absolutely nothing today. Had plans to clean house and get some painting done but it's just gonna have to wait another day. Took a 2 hr nap and still feel drained
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 2:47pm

I know exactly what you mean! I have also been very tired lately and just can't seem to get enough sleep. That is one reason my hubby and I decided to go ahead and tell out children over the weekend that I was pregnant because they couldn't understand why it was going on 3pm and mommy was still in the bed sleeping! :-)

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 10:18am
I am sooo tired! I think I forgot how tired this stage is. Working all day sucks the life out of me and evenings are draining with all the housework and my 3.5 year old son has so much energy. My husband has been a great help. I try to get to bed early eah night but hard sometimes. Looking forward to 2nd trimester. :). I will try to look for some smoothies at the grocery store to see if that will help give me a boost.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 1:46pm
I felt like this Sunday and the last few days I'm so tired all day because my DD has been waking up everyday at 5:30am!!! Perfect timing, right? Then, I'm running around doing stuff most of the day and I can't get her to take a nap anymore so no break then. I just can't sleep unless I know that she's asleep too. She just gets into too much trouble when I'm not watching her and there's no one else here to help this week.

I was just so angry and emotional this morning because I just need more sleep and can't seem to get any. That and the morning sickness are killing me!

Lilypie Maternity tickers