battling a cold

iVillage Member
battling a cold
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:26pm

Ughhh I started coughing Monday night, and by this morning, my voice is going, have a horribly sore throat, and a stuffy head. It sucks, but my question is does anyone have remedies safe for pregnancy? I may try tylenol cold and an early bedtime tonight!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:35pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no cold and sinus medicine - it has the kind of stuff used to make crystal meth in it...not safe right now.

Only things i know that are safe are regular / extra strength tylenol, lots and lots of fluids, perhaps hot water with lemon, and lots of rest. A great way to get sinus relief if needed is to use a sinus rinse (saline water only), i was sceptical when my doc told me to when i was pregnant with dd#2 but i am shocked how well it works - Dh and I choose saline rinse over non-script sinus meds every time.

Sorry to hear you aren't well, hope you feel better soon.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 5:06pm
My doc has told me plain robitussin or regular mucinex are ok, but I would call and ask first.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 7:28pm
I feel your pain! I am doing a clinical rotation in a pediatric clinic this semester and those adorable little germ carriers got me good. I spent a day and a half in bed - I don't remember being that sick from a cold in many years. Almost 2 weeks later I'm still coughing but the really rough part only lasted a few days. I relied on regular strength Tylenol, hot showers & saline nasal spray. Hope you feel better soon!

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 8:39pm
Tried napping and woke up with 102 fever. Called the on call who told me to take Tylenol and call tomorrow. Though I wanted to get in before May 1, this is not how!
Margret
Lilypie Maternity tickers