car seat/ stroller blankets

iVillage Member
car seat/ stroller blankets
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 3:24pm

Since some of us live in places where we actually have winter how many have gotten a car seat/ stroller blanket? What brand?

I found this great local company called Snekams, which makes flannel and fleece car seat/ stroller blanket that lays in the car seat and zips up. I got mine at the local farmers market but she does have a website too if you are interested. Snekams.com  

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 7:09pm

I have never bought a special stroller / car seat blanket. I typically fold a receiving blanket several times and tuck it in around their body and then add a warmer blanket on top which can be removed when the car is warm. If it is really really cold I would probably add an extra receiving blanket over top of the other layers to keep the wind and cold off until we are in the car (same with the stroller whether to protect from wind / cold or sun). It never seemed to be much of an issue for me and I live pretty far north with lots of cold cold cold and snow!

Edited: Alot of people around here swear by the seat covers and a friend of mine gave me her old cover but I may not use it, not a fan of polar fleece blankets / covers. I really like the thought of a cover that is flannel! I hope you enjoy it!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 9:27pm
We live in Georgia, so not really much of a winter here, but it does get a bit chilly. So we're planning to use the seat cover we still have from when our youngest was born. It's fleece-lined, so it should do the job, along with a thicker blanket tucked around baby if it gets too cold. The brand is Cozy Cover, I think we just bought it at Wal-Mart last time around.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 10:38pm
I had a cover that has elastic and goes around the outside of the infant seat. My dh is a police officer and he is certified to check/install car seats and he was taught in his certification class that anything that goes behind the baby or around the straps that did not come from the manufacturer, beside the baby's clothing, voids the manufacturers warranty if you are in an accident. So if the set malfunctions in an accident and you have a seat cover that goes behind the baby in the seat, they won't honor the warranty. And, my son was always super warm in the car and he would FREAK out if I even left the cover on while we were driving so to have one that just pulled off epreally easily came in handy.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 10:42pm
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 9:10am
I also just have a cover that is elastic and zips up over the baby - no interference with the straps or seat. We just tuck blankets over the baby if needed. And it gets pretty cold here!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 12:47pm

With our last baby, we bought one with the elastic that goes around the outside, and I loved that one. It was pink and certainly wouldn't do for a little boy, but I think that's the style we'll go for. Mainly because it doesn't get extremely cold here, but I heard the same thing about not having anything behind the baby. It irks me that it's even legal to sell stuff that would be considered dangerous or that would void a warrantee :/ How are people supposed to know that?

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40