Carrying blackberry and cellphone in the office?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Carrying blackberry and cellphone in the office?
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 11:11am

Hi, I'm hoping there are a couple ladies who can share their secrets for keeping their cell and other devices with them in the office.

I'll be in the office for a week in September and will need to carry an iphone and a blackberry with me all the time.  I don't like to lug a purse around in the office.  Normally, I'd clip them to my belt or put them in a pocket.  However, no belts in maternity pants and they drag down the pants too much if they're in pants pockets.  Normally I'd have a suit jacket or sweater pocket, but I get too warm for layers during pregnancy. 

I'm guessing I'll be pulling my iphone out of the otter box so it's not soo huge.  I've considered looking for a lanyard for around my neck, but with two devices that seems a bit bulky.  Just carrying them seems risky as I'm likely to forget them somewhere with my preggo brain.

Anyone have a solution already in place?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 11:35am

I am not sure if you need to be dressy or not but these pants have belt loops http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=930200270&MasterCategory_Id=MC5. Just pair them with a stretchy belt. 

I know this is not what you want to do but a cute mini leather purse with a long shoulder strap is what I do for everyday.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 12:17pm
What about buying a length of ribbon or another material and tying it under your shirt as a place to clip your phones? It would have to be above the bump to keep it from sliding down and might make your clothes look funny but you would have your phones on you. Or as Katie said accessorize with a stretchy belt and then clip your phones on (sorry for my spelling)
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:03pm
My co-worker keeps hers in her bra, ha ha. Since that probably isn't the option you're looking for, is there maybe a lightweight jacket that wouldn't be too bad to wear? Or could you just clip them to your waistband? I have two cell phones I have to carry on me at work, but I always wear a lab jacket. Without carrying a purse or layering, I'm not too sure what else would work. I know I would definitely set mine down somewhere and forget them if I didn't put them somewhere on me! Good luck!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!