Celebrating the small stuff

iVillage Member
Celebrating the small stuff
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 12:24pm

Week 5 and all is well :smileyvery-happy: I had my first doctors apt yesterday, including blood work and every womans favourite exam. Assuming the blood tests are all clear (and my thyroid meds don't need changed) i will see him again in 4 weeks, unfortunately still too early to hear the heartbeat. Everything is good, pregnancy symptoms are present but nothing too bad (fuzzy brain syndrome is the most annoying) and i am nearly over the cold my family shared with me.

I am surprised at how confident and optimistic I am about this pregnancy, it just feels good.

How is everyone else? Is anyone starting to think about how / when to share the good news?

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 5:14pm
Happy 5 weeks!

My first appt isn't until 4/10, but I am feeling really great. My biggest symptom is being tired. As far as telling people, I want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy so I am telling those closest to me and those that I feel like telling when the moment arises. I am so excited!
-Niomi Proud Mommy of Isaiah (5), Alexandria (3) and Expecting 11/2/2012 pregnancy
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 9:13pm
The only people I've told so far are the ladies from my sept 2010 group, DH and my best friend. Everyone else can wait for now.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 9:51am
I am the same way! I'm so much more confident and excited this pregnancy! The past 2, I was SO worried and just wanted the 9 months to be over. I am going to enjoy myself this time. I'm telling everyone that I would want to be there for me if something bad were to happen... DH, my mom, sister, best friends, my daughters, and my friends from my 1st pregnancy's expecting club. There are 11 mommas from our March 2008 EC that are pregnant right now... It's so crazy! Something is definitely in the water :):). I'm just telling people as I have the urge to tell them. It's so fun and exciting!!!!