Favorite entre recipes

iVillage Member
Favorite entre recipes
Fri, 03-30-2012 - 7:00pm
One of the answers to today's questions made me think it would be fun to share recipes. I thought we could share different types of recipes. So, for this one, post your favorite entree recipe. I'll post mine later, I'm on my phone now.

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36

DD born 10/15/08, Baby #2 due 10/18/10

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 3:08pm

Easy answer for me. My favourite meal to cook is by far spaghetti. I am a scratch cook and it never tastes the same but here is the general recipe --- Brown 1/2 lb ground beef (or whatever meat you like). Add chopped bell peppers (about 1/2 to 1 whole depending on the size), 1 small onion chopped, 2 ribs of celery chopped, apx 6 oz of mushrooms sliced, 1 or 2 grated carrots, and 1 -2 tsp of chopped garlic (2-4 cloves) and cook untill soft. Add 1 can whole tomatoes (whole is a bit more work because you need to mash them a bit but much better flavour because they are only cooked once in the canning process) and about 2 tbsp of basil (i use fresh in the tube because it keeps longer, not sure what that would be if you used fresh basil) - salt and pepper to taste. Also if you have any red wine on hand add a good glug, it really livens the flavours! Let the sauce simmer while you cook the noodles. Last tip (stolen from Rachel Ray) is always add a bit of the salty / starchy pasta water to the sauce before tossing it togethor.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 1:10pm
My favorite easy and healthy recipe is lemon pepper chicken. I take boneless skinless chicken breasts and season with lemon pepper seasoning. Then I cook the in the skillet with a little olive oil. Super quick and easy and wonderful flavor.

A fun side is to cut potatoes into small cubes. Put them in a ziploc bag with a little olive oil, some pressed garlic and onion powder and shake until coated. Spread them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle somewhat generously with seasoned salt. Bake until edges are brown and crispy.

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 8:03pm
Tonight's dinner will be hot sandwiches. I take turkey and, while pregnant, I heat it up very hot in the microwave to kill any listeria. Then I put it on a slice of bread and put on a piece of provolone. I put that in the toaster oven and toast until the bread is toasty and the cheese is bubbly. I pull that out and put one more piece of bread in to toast. On the hot cheese, I add some tomato slices and mashed avocado. Then top with the other piece of toast. Yummy. My husband loves these sandwiches too.

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36