feeling like a guilt factory

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
feeling like a guilt factory
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 2:45pm

Feeling like a guilt factory lately.  No one is laying these guilt trips but me.  I felt guilty about sending my MIL an honest email with a few hard truths.  I feel guilty that I'm looking forward to my DD starting daycare in a couple of weeks.  I feel guilty that I can't keep up with housework (while working fulltime and having DD all the time and planning a work trip the whole family will go on).  I feel guilty that I made two big mistakes at work this week.

My rational brain says I can't do everything, but I don't see any alternatives...not for a few weeks.

Anyone else manufactoring guilt?  I'd love to be able to blame this on pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 8:21pm

I feel guilty that this is the last week before my oldest starts kindergarden and I can't stop the "nesting urges" so that I can do something special with her before she is gone from 7:30am to 3pm every weekday.

I am shamelessley excited that she will be going to school, she has been ready for this since christmas at least - she's a smart one. The part that makes me sad is that she won't be around to entertain and teach her younger sister - YDD complained over a dozen times today about ODD not wanting to play and kept trying to entice her... soon that will be my job. Guilty feeling #2

Finally I am feeling guilty because those 'nesting urges' have cooped up my kids inside the house for over a week while I tackle the organizing / cleaning / etc. that drives my head crazy unless I am working on it.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!