feeling huge today

iVillage Member
feeling huge today
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 2:04pm

Sorry I have one recurrent complaint right now. It is people telling me I look full term and asking if my due date is correct or other comments. It has gone from me laughing it off to feeling totally huge. I am right on track for gaining weight, but my stomach just sticks straight out. My countdown has started just thinking of one week less of hearing people question me. Anyone have anything smart as a comeback? :smileywink: I want to enjoy my last pregnancy not feel self conscious!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 7:53pm
Dh told me I should say something along the lines of "what are you talking about I'm not pregnant". Btw I thought your belly pic was adorable.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 8:18pm
Ugh, I get those comments all the time! I have cut my schedule at work back to about one or two days a week, so a whole week goes by in between me seeing co-workers and patients. By the time I come back for my next shift, everyone is like "wow, you've really popped" or "when is that baby due? you're getting big!" My patients are kids and adolescents, so tact isn't their strong suit, but even my co-workers have a hard time keeping comments to themselves. I usually laugh it off and tell them I guess I need to slow down on the Big Macs, but it does get a little tiresome hearing the same type of remarks all day long from about 50 different people! Oh well, in a few more weeks all people will be asking about is the baby, so hopefully I can keep laughing it off until then!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 8:23pm
Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I totally understand! I feel totally self-conscious. I get at least one remark a day that I look like I'm about to have the baby tomorrow, or the latest remark today was, "When are you due... September?" My belly sticks straight out and the shirts that I wore late in my pregnancy last time around are now midriff baring shirts. They don't cover my belly. Any good comebacks are welcome. My DH says just to say, "I'm not pregnant, I just had a big lunch." I need something better though.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:23pm

Crazy, my shirts fit like that too although I don't feel any bigger than previous pregnancies at this point. I don't feel like I am full term size as far as normal day to day capabilities. It is true that people will turn it to the babies growth/health once she is born. Thanks,Tabitha for the belly compliment :smileywink: Not that I want all of y'all to have comments, but it does make me feel better that I am not the only one! It really makes me think how I will talk to my pregnant friends in the future!