Feeling like a time bomb.

iVillage Member
Feeling like a time bomb.
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 6:19pm

I can't feel my belly without my DH checking to see if I'm labor.  Every conversation with family includes several requests to make sure I'm ok and threats to call them as soon as...blah, blah, blah.

I had thought I'd have this baby by now or tomorrow at the latest.  However, now I really feel like this baby is ready to be patient.  There's really no way of being sure, but I'm currently totally disinterested in nesting.  Tomorrow is my first day of vacation and I'm planning to use it for me instead of nesting.  I'm thinking a haircut, maybe a movie...some shopping if I feel up to it.  I was surprised when my attitude about this changed yesterday, but it has...so I'm going to go with it.

I just wish everyone else could take a chill pill.  I didn't deal with this much last time because a first baby is often late and I hadn't gotten to 38 weeks (which is when my mom had almost all of us).

Anyone else?

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 6:28pm

I pretty much feel the same way.  My desire to nest hast just about flown the coop. I've been having contractions for so long that I have no idea how I'm going to know if and when I need to do something about them.  I'm just over 36 weeks, so I hope I can make it at least another week.  If not, we'll see.  I just feel different right now.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 8:30pm
I feel like this baby doesn't want to come out at all. I have a feeling I've made little or no progress toward labor, despite being 70% effaced (but no dilation as of last week). By now, in my last pregnancy (and my first), I had already started having bloody show and had BH contractions pretty regularly. I have had them so infrequently with this one that every time I do have them, I think it may be the time finally (especially when they start to get semi-regular) and then they just go away pretty quickly and I won't have them again for days. With my last one, I just knew she was coming before her due date. With this one, I'm not so sure.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 11:36pm

I have never had any nesting with any of mine, but anytime I want to do something, people think I am nesting lol. I know it's crazy to clean the bathrooms! Hard to believe they need it! Believe me if I were nesting, there would be plenty of craziness that could happen!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 10:50am

Ha!  If just cleaning the bathrooms means you're nesting...well...I've been nesting for years every weekend.  lol  But I stopped nesting once I hit the third trimester! 

I don't have any desire to nest.  I keep waiting for it to happen, but maybe it'll happen just before labor so it'll be a clue that I'm about to go.  So far ...nothing really going on anywhere except I feel like a huge, puffy blimp!

Pregnancy%20ticker