Flu and now strep throat - miserable!

iVillage Member
Flu and now strep throat - miserable!
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 12:22am

As if I wan't tired enough just by being an incubator lol, my DD6 somehow got a weird flu that was basicaly a fever for a straight week followed by a slight cough.  I caught the fever and now the slight cough for her is a full blown infection for me, assuming it's strep but test will come back monday.

Thankfully the fever never got to high but appetite is crap, been even more tired and unmotivated, and now I have no sense of taste for most things except sweets - and for a chocoholic that is NOT safe lol.

The doc looked in my throat the other day when he sent out the throat culture and basically told me my tonsils are enormous.  lovely lol.

apparently being preggo makes you way more susceptible to catching stuff and having it get worse. 

and considering i have no more sick days at work, no fun at all!

sorry, kinda whining but figured I'd share with others who may understand :smileyhappy:

thx

Rae

---- Rae Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 12:07pm
Yuck, sorry you are feeling so awful. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 6:04pm

I know how frustrating it can be to get soo much more ill from the same bug that family seems to generally shrug off in a day.  I was that way a month or so ago.  Try to find the time to take good care of yourself and get the rest you need.