Friday Whine and Cheese

iVillage Member
Friday Whine and Cheese
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 9:20am

I know the new board is frustrating everyone (including the admins! - they really are working SO HARD to get the bugs stymied!) and we're pregnant on top of that.  Let's have some whine and cheese!! 

P.S. Before you decide to never come see us again, please send me a PM!  As small and as close as we all are, let's give this board a shot and keep in touch, PLEASE!!

MY WHINE FOR THE DAY - I am so tired of the overwhelming feeling of INEEDTOPEERIGHTNOWORIWILLPEEMYSELF and then letting go of a teaspoon. My husband is stressed and cranky.  I'm pregnant and cranky.  Bad combo.  There is STILL nothing that I need out of the barn OUT OF THE BARN.  Does this man not realize that this kid could seriously show up soon? Oh, yeah.  She also has no name and there is no discussion of such matters. 

I need a vacation!  Let's meet on a beach and have someone tall, dark and handsome hand feed us our cheese!  With non-alcoholic margaritas!! And cheesecake!  And chocolate dipped strawberries. 

Dangit.  Now I'm hungry!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 10:09am

Okay!  I'm there!  Which beach?  lol

Well, we're not exactly ready for this LO to make her entrance yet either.  All of the shower gifts from Sunday are in their bags, sitting in the mattressless crib.  ugh.  So, this weekend our plan is to get her clothes and blankets gathered, wash them and buy a closet organizer, separator thing since she's stuck in our room with our closet space until May.  If anyone has any suggestions as far as clothes storage...I'm all ears. 

DH has to go on business training thing Nov. 6-9.  EDD is Nov 21.  I know he's worried about it and so am I, but we just don't talk about it. lol  He'll be 2 hour flight away.  So...IF anything happens, he'll jump on a plane and get here, but I'd hate it for his job if that happened.  He needs this training.  So, we need this little girl to stay in until after that.  So far, she just does what she's supposed to do, hopefully she'll continue that trend!

I'm having a new pain.  I'm chalking it up to normal, but I hope it's not dialation happening...due to the aforementioned trip!  It feels like something up inside my vagina is being pressed on.  I'll start a thread on the concerns section and just whine about it here.  :)  We just need her to stay in there and come out after the 14!  Which, this is my first...so the chances of being later are there.  Also, we're certain of the conception date because we were charting and we only DTD 1 time that week.  lol  So.....  please please please let this little girl stay put. 

ALSO!  My boss thinks I'm crazy or dumb.  We were talking about when we'd have our company Christmas dinner.  So, he looks at me and says we're looking at these dates..Nov. 30, Dec, 1, 7 or 8 and which is best for me and just to check to days.  Uuuummm??  I just looked at him and then everyone else and shrugged my shoulders.  I said I have no idea which day is good for me.  He looked at me like I was dumb.  I said I don't know  when she's going to pop out.  He was all, "well, when's your due date?"  I said, "Nov 21, but it could be any time 2 weeks on either side of that.  Or not.  We just don't know at this point."  He said "well you can bring her. We love babies. Or just don't have her until after we finish dessert. wahahahaha." <-- Stupid boss laugh. Um.  Chances are, I'll either have just gotten home or she'll be 2 weeks at the most.  I'm not bringing a 2 week old to a restaurant for my company Christmas dinner!  All his grandchildren were scheduled and that's not our plan at the moment.  He just doesn't understand why I don't know.  Ugh. 

Okay...that's enough from me...I'll pass the platter now.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:38am

Name the beach!

As much as I'm trying not to stress over this baby being breach....I'm stressing over it being breach.  The inversions are leaving me VERY sore.  If I layed in that position when not pregnant my back would hurt, so at this stage...it leaves me soo sore.

The weather has turned cold and rainy, so my DD is not sleeping well.  She's such a human barometer that fall is a miserable time for all of us.  Last night she'd only sleep max an hour at a time, even when sleeping with someone.  I made my poor sick DH handle most of it.  I only got 1 hour of sleep the night before.

Who's next?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:16pm
Oh, I am with you Jules! Why do I feel like I am about to pee my pants, then when I go it's a tiny short trickle?!!!!! It drives me insane! I have spent way to much time in walmarts bathroom!!! And DH just doesn't get it. And he is ornery and planning all these projects for himself and not finishing the ones already started. And we have winter right around the corner, so there is a very limited time to finish these outdoor projects, or nothing will get put away until next spring- I want my laundry room and kitchen back free from his tools! And my kids are begging for a kitten. I took my girls to campus with me and they found a litter of abandoned kittens, they tried and tried to catch one to no avail (thank goodness- we have 4 outside cats), then we get home and a neighbors kitten followed them home and we can't get it to stay at it's house (I think the neighbors are out of town), so they are all begging to keep the kitten. And my ribs are killing me! Anyone else have problems with their ribs? Wow, I didn't realize I had that much to complain about! We are all in the final stretch, ladies! ~Rachel
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:21pm

Yes!  My right rib cage.  Of course there's this little human parasite that seems to like to snuggle her behind all up in my ribs.  :)

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:25pm

YAY BEACH!!!! Let me grab my bag and I'll be ON MY WAY!!!

I really only have one thing to complain about this week.

We live in a small apartment building for right now, we have been looking at houses, but it just got so close to time for the baby, that we decided we would continue looking, but more than likely just hold off on buying until the spring unless we found something AMAZING, since we have a lease here till July anyway.

Well our building is owned by a husband and wife, and this is the only property they own. There are 2 apartments upstairs and two downstairs and a basement for storage and laundry.

We live on the bottom floor and our front door is RIGHT across from the basement door.

The whole time we have lived here, it has been quiet and not had any issues except for the lady upstairs getting upset when out 3 year old gets in a crying and screaming mood. Well 2 days ago a new person moved in to one of the upstairs apartments, and OMG our WHOLE building has changed in the 2 days.

She is LOUD, has people in and out all hours of the night, just hanging out and making noise in the hallway. Her boyfriend lives there too, and the first day they were here, at around 11:30pm, some girl was beating on our door saying she was looking for him, we said he doesnt live here. Well the next morning the same girl knocked 3 more times, front and back doors and was in teh parking lot YELLING and SCREAMING that she knows he lives here and he needs to come out and she isnt stopping uptil he talks to her, and calling his girlfriend names. Then, the LAST STRAW was when my husband went to the basement BEFORE work this morning...so at about 6:30am to take some laundry down there so I wouldnt have to carry it, and he walked in on this girl having sex with 2 men IN THE BASEMENT OUT IN THE OPEN and NEITHER where the man she lives with. She just stopped and said sorry and stood there, naked, while my husband came back up the stairs and told me he is calling the landlord today! WHO DOES THAT KIND OF STUFF???? What if our daughter had went downstairs with him for whatever reason and that was going on?? GROSS!!!

Im guessing she will be getting a visit from the landlord later.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:25pm

YAY BEACH!!!! Let me grab my bag and I'll be ON MY WAY!!!

I really only have one thing to complain about this week.

We live in a small apartment building for right now, we have been looking at houses, but it just got so close to time for the baby, that we decided we would continue looking, but more than likely just hold off on buying until the spring unless we found something AMAZING, since we have a lease here till July anyway.

Well our building is owned by a husband and wife, and this is the only property they own. There are 2 apartments upstairs and two downstairs and a basement for storage and laundry.

We live on the bottom floor and our front door is RIGHT across from the basement door.

The whole time we have lived here, it has been quiet and not had any issues except for the lady upstairs getting upset when out 3 year old gets in a crying and screaming mood. Well 2 days ago a new person moved in to one of the upstairs apartments, and OMG our WHOLE building has changed in the 2 days.

She is LOUD, has people in and out all hours of the night, just hanging out and making noise in the hallway. Her boyfriend lives there too, and the first day they were here, at around 11:30pm, some girl was beating on our door saying she was looking for him, we said he doesnt live here. Well the next morning the same girl knocked 3 more times, front and back doors and was in teh parking lot YELLING and SCREAMING that she knows he lives here and he needs to come out and she isnt stopping uptil he talks to her, and calling his girlfriend names. Then, the LAST STRAW was when my husband went to the basement BEFORE work this morning...so at about 6:30am to take some laundry down there so I wouldnt have to carry it, and he walked in on this girl having sex with 2 men IN THE BASEMENT OUT IN THE OPEN and NEITHER where the man she lives with. She just stopped and said sorry and stood there, naked, while my husband came back up the stairs and told me he is calling the landlord today! WHO DOES THAT KIND OF STUFF???? What if our daughter had went downstairs with him for whatever reason and that was going on?? GROSS!!!

Im guessing she will be getting a visit from the landlord later.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 2:17pm

Oh a beach getaway sounds awesome!! I am so uncomfortable. My first real night of consistent contractions was Wednesday. Seriously from 730 til bed they were every 3-4 min. They weren't really painful but uncomfortable. I thought well if I can sleep I will be fine. I slept horribly contracting throughout the night. They were like 10 min apart throughout the day yesterday. Slept great last night and now nothing today. I am not ready to do this lol. It makes me completely irritable. Then to top it off, my daycare kids' parents are all the sudden worried about care as if they haven't seen my giant stomach every day. Now that I am down to the last 2 weeks but reminding them they need backup plans in case I go early. I will be 37.5 weeks when I stop, and they seem surprised that I am not working longer. I am ready to be done now but trying to hold up my agreement! One last rant...my DH not seeming too worried about anything that needs to be done and wondering why I am stressed. Ughhh

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:27pm

Gimme that tray....

My house is a mess.  And DH is SERIOUSLY 60% of the problem.  He spreads stuff everywhere.  I have a whole bedroom to clean out in the next four weeks.  And my DH is hanging out at Home Depot tonight.  And I can't cook dinner until he gets home.  Ugh. 

Also, my German Shepherd is blowing his coat.  Dog. Hair. Every. Flipping. Where.

Sounds like we're having an AWESOME week, ladies!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:43pm

I am so with everyone on just going to the beach, but I would vote for Hawaii or someother place close the the equator. The weather has been driving me nuts! One minute it will be 32F outside and the next it is 80F!! I just want it to make up its mind. I am so there on the rib pains as well. My lo loves to poke toes, knees, and feet in between my ribs. Oh, and why if you know you won't go into labor do they STILL have to do the Group B strep test? That damn thing hurt! These message bords are also driving me nuts, but only because I can't view certain messages, like the Monday Check-in (which I love to read). Oh and does anyone know where spell check is, at this point I can't spell worth anything? Ok, next person's turn.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 3:59pm

So I'm sitting here feeling absolutely sick to my stomach and sweating and having contractions maybe.  I just can't figure it out.  Then I realize it's too hot.  It's the end of October and we're having a record high day, but I didn't realize.  So now I feel dumb too.  Now I'm hiding inside cranking the air to try to get this feeling under control instead of enjoying a record high beautiful sunny day.  Frustrated on all levels on this.

Pages