Gender Dreams?

iVillage Member
Gender Dreams?
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 11:54am

With previous children, did you ever have dreams of a gender and that's what they turned out to be? I always dreamed of a little boy, and that's what I had.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 11:58am

With DS #2 I wanted a girl so badly and really thought it was. The night before the big US I had a dream it was a boy and his name was Adam. Turned out my dream was right but his is Jesse not Adam. but I questioned the name since my dream liked it lol

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 1:25pm
I don't remember any dreams from#2 but with my first I was convinced I was having a boy and it felt so wrong I was almost in mourning that it want a girl which I think explains the haunting dream of my baby as a16 yr old boy with holes through his body... It was very disturbing! I went on to have a perfect little girl.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 6:30pm
I have never had a gender dream but had strong premonitions that my first was a boy. Then I learned I was wrong and threw premonition out the window. With babies #2 & 3, my husband used to ask me what my guess was and I honestly had no clue. I hear a lot of stories about women whose premonitions were right but I wonder if the women who were wrong like I was just aren't sharing the stories cause they aren't as fun! :)

Dyan

Due May 1, 2013 by ultrasound (April 27, 2013 by LMP)

Married DH 12/27/99

Mom to DD 9, DD 6, DS 3

PCOS; 4 miscarriages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 7:05pm
I dreamt of a boy with my first. And he was. I was a little upset because I wanted a girl. I didn't have any dreams or anything with my second. I was on the fence over which gender I wanted. I wanted a girl because then I would have one of each, but I wanted a boy because I had kept everything from my first and it would be too easy. It ended up being a boy.
This time around, I think it's going to be a boy. Only 15 more weeks to find out if I'm right.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 7:25am
With my first, I was thinking that it was a boy. I was looking more at boys bedding, clothes, etc. I had a dream one night that my family was sitting in the living room, holding my newborn baby. The baby was wrapped in blue, but come to find out it was a girl. After that, I assumed it was a girl and wasn't too surprised when the tech announced we were having a girl.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 12:05pm
I had two dreams that I had a happy, healthy little girl and that's what I had. But I also had a dream I had a little boy once and that the baby died. So, I'm glad that the positive dreams came true. The other one was probably just stemming from my worries.

I haven't had any gender dreams this time around yet.
Lilypie Maternity tickers