Had to put my neighbors on stand by last night...

iVillage Member
Had to put my neighbors on stand by last night...
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 7:24am

Around 10pm last night, I started having regular intervals that began as cramps and ended with a hard belly.  My contractions haven't felt like this before, but I was starting to get worried when they were exactly 5 minutes apart for about an hour, and being that it was getting late, I had to put my neighbors that have volunteered to help with DD if I go into labor middle of the night, on stand-by.  After the first hour they started to become more erratic- anywhere from 9-20 minutes apart, but went on for a while before I could fall asleep.  I then woke up every so often with a contraction throughout the night.  This morning all is quiet.  Go figure! 

I wonder if it had anything to do with the internal check I had yesterday at the doctor's office.  It really hurt and I've been sore all yesterday and this morning from it. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member

I'm sure the internal had something to do with it - but good to be ready to go just in case.  I'm actually packing my bag today.  Things are really starting to act up and I don't want to be at the mercy of my husband in a pinch. 

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
It was probably from your internal check. I had my check last week and had cramps for the first 24 hours afterward and then had contractions the second day every 10 minutes. I finally just kept drinking water and soaking in the bathtub and they spaced out. Good luck!
iVillage Member
Won't be long now I bet!! I am sure it was the internal, but still it is exciting!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
It was pretty painful. I've never had one that painful before, so I'm pretty sure that was it too. I just didn't want to be stuck if it was the real thing and everyone had gone to bed and turned off their phones already. Contractions have died down today, but still have that lingering crampy feeling.
Lilypie Maternity tickers