How did you tell DH?

iVillage Member
How did you tell DH?
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 7:40pm
How did you share the big news with your DH?

I just showed DH the stick the last two times. I wanted to do something special this time around. I baked giant cookies and piped who each on was for on them. Mom, Dad, baby 1, baby 2 and baby 3. I arranged them on a platter and served them after dinner. It took DH a few seconds to catch on.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 3:59am

Love all the stories Ladies! Mine isnt quite so exciting lol.

Wednesday I was feeling dizzy and nervous ALL day.... so I decided to test that night.... ( DH works overnights) was going to wait till this weekend, but couldnt lol. I did the test, and accidently dipped it in too far past the control line... so I grabbed another test.... both were positive! eeek! lol. so I slept really crap that night.... as soon as DH got into bed thursday morning, I said I have something to tell you... can I tell you know, or after you have slept.... he said its it good news? I just blurted out, I figured out why Ive been dizzy! Im pregnant! and he said Whoa!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 1:07am

I took the test and went into our room where he was watching TV,.

---- Rae Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 4:58pm

I just found out yesterday and DH is out of town.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 12:12pm

I waited for him to get home after work and I peed in the cup and he dipped the stick and before I could even get finished with the "paper work", there were 2 lines.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 3:31pm

oopsie

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 12:53am
We had just started trying on Feb 20 (our 1 year anniversary). I knew when I would need to test, and DH wanted to know, so I gave him a date that was later than I knew I'd be testing. I was chatting with an IV friend I made in 2007 when I was preggo with DS and she'd just gotten her BFP and she really wanted me to go test b/c I was having some symptoms. Well, I had just gone to the bathroom, but I was so excited to try that I went and down a couple of glasses of water and then willed myself to go. I snuck into the bathroom and turned on the vent (letting him think I was going #2 so he wouldn't question how long I was in there! haha!!). I took a digital and it popped up "YES+". I really honestly couldn't believe it! I started tearing up right then and bouncing up and down a little. I caught my breath, then ran into the living room, jumping and crying, and DH got up off the couch thinking something was terribly wrong, when I held out the stick and cried out "we're going to have a baby"!! (you see, DS is DH's stepson...so this will be his first bio child). He was so excited!! DS started crying b/c he didn't know what was going on! DH got down on the floor and called him over and told him "bubba, you're going to be a big brother!! You're going to have a little brother or a little sister". DS (who is almost 4) said "Ummm...how about I just have a little brother instead?!"

I had planned out a big reveal to him...involving a homemade shirt for DS saying "future big brother" and then seeing how long it would take DH to notice. But once I saw that BFP, I couldn't help myself! I wouldn't change it one bit!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 7:57pm
Typically I just show dh the test stick. This time I took 2 tests 2 days apart which left me in shock. The morning after my second test our dd's werein our bed playing and enjoying morning cuddles when I finally spit it out and said ' you impregnated me again'. - lol.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 7:16pm
Ha Ha! What great stories! I gave my bf a card and in it it read something like how happy I was to have helped being part of the creation of his first child...it was something like that and wasn't well written because I had no time to write the card before he was home. So he read it and all the other mushy stuff in the card, then he gave me a hug and said that is so sweet babe...then that was it. I was like "Did you read the card,?" He was like "Yes, right now in front of you." I asked him to read the card again, this time outloud. When he got to that now ridiculously written sentance he stopped in his tracks of reading and looked at me bug eyed lol, and his face said "wait, are you serious?" but his mouth said nothing... Then it finally clicked and it all came together lol... He said it was the best day of his life thus far lol...
-Niomi Proud Mommy of Isaiah (5), Alexandria (3) and Expecting 11/2/2012 pregnancy
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:57pm
I really didn't expect it to happen because we were physically apart when I ovulated so those swimmers had to hang out for 3 days waiting but I took one anyway on the day I expected my periiod because it hadn't come yet. That first line was so faint I thought I was imagining things so I think the big exciting moment went something like this: "Um Will, I need you to come here for a minute. Does it look like there are 2 lines there?" Then I had to explain to him what that meant. It wasn't until the darker line the next day that I *really* started to believe it. In the future I'll try to be a lot more creative. ;-)

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:24pm

I was in such a state of shock that I just told him to come into the next room (he was still asleep in bed), where I was holding the test up with my mouth open. He then wanted the package to make sure he was seeing it correctly, since the line was so faint. When the blood test results came back today he knew from my smile that it was positive.

Pages