i could have comitted murder!!

iVillage Member
i could have comitted murder!!
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 12:23pm

well, i have been for my glucose test today. and i was under strict instructions not to eat or drink after 10pm the night before. and guess what, i fell asleep at 9 and woke up at 10.30 so i missed my deadline of havin a meal and a drink before my fasting began. so i last ate something at 6pm.

then this morning my appointment was for 9.20 at the hospital. they were running late. i was seen at 9.50, took my blood and gave me foul lucazade (i hate lucazade with a passion). was told to go sit in the waiting room for 2 hours.

well i was starving, my stomach was growling at me. there must have been 10 other women there for the gt test.

get ready, your not going to believe this. one womans partner got up and mumbled something and left. 10 mins later he came back holding something in his hand and looking very smug!

it was a BACON cob!!! well, at this point i was ready to chew my own arm off and the smell and sight of bacon was killing me.  me being as i am opened my mouth and complained about him bringing food into the waiting room where we all are sat . his mrs was not impressed at the sight of his bacon cob and told him to take it outside.  and did he?? NO.  so i kicked off and he sat there grinning. i was so close to rippin it out his hand and jumping on it.

the midwife says i will hear in 48 hours if i have failed the gt test. if i hear nothing then its good news. fingers crossed i pass as i hate needles!

iVillage Member
Re: i could have comitted murder!!
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:22am
mandmleona wrote:

So sorry you had to deal with this. 

I can't help but feel sorry for his poor pregnant wife.  If he's that inconsiderate in public can you imagine how he'll be during her labor?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.  It was bad enough for all the ladies that were there waiting.  But there's no telling what other selfish acts she puts up with from this "winner."

Pregnancy%20ticker