I don't recognize my boobs (TMI moments)

iVillage Member
I don't recognize my boobs (TMI moments)
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 11:59am

Yesterday while I was getting dressed I looked down and saw my right boob is now a full size (at least) bigger than my left one. Even DH you normally does not notice anything mentioned that the right one was a lot bigger than the left one. Has anyone else had this problem? If so do you know if it will eventually even out, they were about the same size before I got pregnant.

One of my other questions for the BTDT girls is when should I buy a new bra, when did yours slow down growing so much? I have gone from a full b, sometimes c to a full c in one and d in the other so I don't want to invest in two new bras if I will keep growing out of them (I have a few C cups so I can live with those for a while). Also can anyone recommend a padded brand of sports bras I am having my nipples show through (they are very perky these days) mine so I can't wear them anymore.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 12:39pm
My boobs are both looking larger. I don't remember this happening this soon with my other two pregnancies.
I never bought a bigger bra. I just switched from normal bras to nursing ones. Go talk to the ladies at you local maternity store. They're normally really helpful. They'll measure you and get you into the right size bra.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 2:37pm
I had to buy 2 or 3 different bras with my last pregnancies. It's a major pita!! You could always wear sports bras? I wear those lots bc it feels better to just squish them down!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 10:56pm
My boobs went from a C to an F my first pregnancy. I bought so many bras. I wear a DD now and cringe at the thought of them getting any bigger! I didn't have problems with the sizes being off until I BF. one made 2x the milk and was always (and still is a little bit) bigger. Maybe the other one will catch up? Haha.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 12:06am

I second the nursing bra thing - if you are planning on breastfeeding, that is!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 7:48am
And I'll second Bravado now!
Honestly the best nursing bras I have ever worn! I even wore mine after nursing until I was all dried up. Super comfortable. They are a little pricey, but totally worth it.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 10:46am
Well, I'm obsessed with mine! lol I've read that changes there are usually some of the first ones. And so I examine them twice a day and look for changes. ha! DH says they're more full on the sides, but nothing else. I may go this weekend and get a sports bra or something since mine are a little tight now.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 1:17pm

Y'all have my curiousity on that brand! Never used it! I have definitely noticed a change but not too drastic yet!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 1:30pm

Thank you sooooo much on the recommendation! And yes I plan on breastfeeding since my family would disown me if I did not at least try (even my mother was breastfeed in the 50's when it was not popular to do so, because my great grandfather, an OB, knew the importance of it). I will go to my local maternity store sometime this week and pick one or two up. Yesterday I took out my summer clothes at found two really nice tanktops with built in molded bra cups so I am now not in as much of a hurry since I can wear those till I start to show or until I decide to wear white lol.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 4:13pm
Yes to bravado!! I think they are only available online though.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers