IF ANYONE CAN PLS HELP???

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
IF ANYONE CAN PLS HELP???
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 12:47am
I have a dilema that is keeping me up at night, every night.. and ill have to wait until my baby is born to know for sure but I just wanted to see if any of you can give me a little piece of mind... My BF and I broke up shortly in JAN of this year, and I stupidly slept with an EX JAN 29th... my BF snd I decided to work things out right after that in FEB. I found out I was preg at the end of FEB or early MAR. My dr says I concieved midd of FEB and says he can give me a date of conception of within 4 days.. so he says I conceived FEB 10. And by ultrasound I am due NOV 3rd. ( i also dont know my LMP for sure) I was just wondering wether anyone thought there was a chance it could be my EX's baby ( who doesn't want anything to do with the baby) or my BF??? I stress about it every second of the day! Can anyone give me some input please????
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 9:08am
It is possible but sounds very unlikely - two weeks between when you slept with your ex and bf is a long time for swimmers to stick around and seems like it most likely would have been either just before or after your period. Did you sleep with your bf around the estimated conception date?

Ultrasounds are not perfect predictors but I am on my 3rd child and for all 3 the us dates have been very close to my due date by lmp (however I do have a VERY predictable and regular cycle of 28 days).

Best of luck, I hope you are able to find some peace in this situation.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 10:42am

The dates sound like it would not be the EX. Like tabigale said, IF the date from your doctor is accurate, the EX swimmers would have been gone by at least Jan 3rd.  I've read sperm can live 5-7 days.

As far as the accuracy of ultrasounds and the measurement of the due date,  for us, we were using a fertility chart and charting my cycle and such and the ultrasound was only 2 days off from my chart.  My doctor went with my chart rather than ultrasound...but still it was just 2 days different. 

Hope that helps ease your mind some.  Try not to stress it too much.  Baby needs mom calm and well rested.  :smileyhappy:

Pregnancy%20ticker