Late Edition of Monday Check In!!

iVillage Member
Late Edition of Monday Check In!!
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 12:15am

Hey ladies!! I have been out of the house all day!  Let's all check in and see where we are this week! 

How far along are you this week?

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet?

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs?

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby?

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever?

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)?

Any appointments?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 12:20am

How far along are you this week? 25 weeks.  Will be 26 on Saturday.

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? No.  But I CAN SMELL IT. (or should say swell it??)

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? I have good days and bad.  I am quite swollen, but it is SO HOT!! My hair has grown LIKE CRAZY and I've actually gotten tons of compliments latley.  Always nice to feel pretty when you think you resemble Jabba the Hut.

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Trying not to go nuts?? I talked to my doc about hiring a doula.  I have started really getting stuff mentally in place and putting some things where they belong for the baby. 

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? Oh, I'd be perfectly happy for November to arrive tomorrow.

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)? I need to get my kids registered for school.  And I need to take them to the pool.  All of a sudden, summer is over!!

Any appointments? I had one today.  I got the fat lecture until he noticed that my flip flops were very, very snug.  I haven't been able to wear my rings in a week or so.  I know some of it is the heat - but it certainly doesn't make you feel good to pack on 8 pounds in a month!!  Baby sounded fine - heart rate in the 150's.  The next time I go in, I have the GD test.  Oy!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 12:37am

How far along are you this week? 25 weeks on Thursday

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? Nope, not yet. I'm one of the youngins of the board.

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? Physically, I'm doing ok. I'm much more irritable lately though. I get rage-y at the most ridiculous things.

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Crib is on its way. I've purchased the crib mattress and car seat. I've started to organize the clothes we have by size so that I can figure out what else is needed.

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? I go back and forth. I'm doing ok physically so I haven't gotten to that breaking point yet. I can't wait to meet Isaac but at the same time I want to savor my last kid-free months. I'm also pretty anxious about taking care of a newborn by myself. I know I'll be able to do it, but I don't feel very prepared yet.

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)? Nothing in particular.

Any appointments? I have my GD test tomorrow. My doctor must be following the new testing recommendations because I am going straight to the fasting, 2hr test instead of the 1hr tolerance test. They say this will be definitive. I kind of like that I'll know one way or another and not have to go back for repeated testing.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:19am

How far along are you this week?  26 tomorrow

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? Um...what weeks does that start again?  lol  I'm not sure, really.

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? Feeling good.  increased my protein and calcium and my swollen ankles are less swollen. woot!  My back hurts, nothing new there.  "Is your back still hurting?" "Am I still breathing? Then yes."  =)

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Trying not to panic.  lol bought a few more outfits since there was a consignment sale.  Next up, mattress and travel system.

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? Not ready for it to be over yet...but I don't want to be pregnant forever either.

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)?  I have no clue.  Just stuff I guess. ha!

Any appointments?   Nope.  But they never called back about my GD results.  Guess I should make that an accomplishment...need to call them.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 3:57pm

How far along are you this week? 26.5 weeks

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? not for 2 more weeks, I am excited and nervous about hitting it.

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? I am not comfortable no matter what position I am in. 

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Moved all the bedroom furniture around on Sat to make room for another dresser, pack'n play, and rocker. Went to the consignment store and bought lots of socks for 19 cents each, some sleepers (50 cents each), a swim diaper (size 12 months), and her first Avs Jersey!!! I  think I am the most excited to be able to get a toddler sized Avs (our NHL team) Jersey for $2.00. 

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? It is a tie between both of them. During the day I could be pregnant forever because I am not THAT uncomfortable, but at night I can never get comfortable and she is resting up against my diaphragm so lots of heartburn and shortness of breath.

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)? Finish the laundry and start washing the baby clothes. 

Any appointments? Nope

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 8:21pm

How far along are you this week? 28 weeks

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? Yes I have but not sure there is anything beautiful about it.

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? Feeling as can be expected (tired, sore, etc) - August is the worst summer month here (hot and humid) and I can't wait for it to be over. The humidity has been horrible on my lungs - I think I may have developed mild asthma (truthfully had problems for a few years but it has been very obvious in the last month where I could never figure out the trigger before)

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Slowly cleaning out my room to make space for baby. I made my 'to do list' last week and I will slowly pick away at that over the next few months.

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? In general I could be pregnant forever but never ever ever again during the summer!!! I am actually getting nervous by how close it is to the end of this pregnancy because I am so not ready (mostly mentally but also my house is a disaster zone that I want fixed before baby comes)

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)? Got my dd's school supply shopping done - quite happy about that - would love to finish clearing out my room but not likely based on the forecast for the week so instead I will enjoy one of the last nice weeks for the beach.

Any appointments? Not till the end of the month

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 1:13pm

How far along are you this week? Will be 28 weeks tomorrow!

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? Tomorrow, yay! I can't believe we're all about to enter the home stretch!

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? Well, I'm still utterly exhausted. And I started having this crazy itching about a week ago, but I'm not sure if it's pregnancy-related, so I'll definitely be bringing that up to the doc at my next appointment. But aside from that, things aren't too bad here.

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Not really a whole lot in the way of preparation going on this week. Just trying to get and keep all of the baby's stuff in one spot (DD's spare bedroom closet) until we can figure out how we're doing rooms. And DH's co-worker is going to give us a pack & play, so I have to meet up with her tomorrow to get that.

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? Oh yes, so ready for this pregnancy to be done. Not that it's been so bad, but I'm really not the happiest pregnant woman. And above all else, I just want to meet our little girl already!

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)? I honestly just want to make it through the week with my sanity intact (or at least a small portion of it). This week has been full of school stuff, plus YDD starts cheerleading practice Thursday, ODS starts football practice Friday, and I work Friday night. So if I can get through all of that, we may have some time on Saturday to enjoy some family time together, since DH will be home.

Any appointments? Not for another couple of weeks.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 3:12pm
How far along are you this week? 27w 4d today.

Have you hit that beautiful (well, for some!!) 3rd trimester yet? I don't think so. When does it start? 28?

How are you feeling? Complaints? Hurrahs? Tired because I can't get comfortable enough to sleep through the night. My body is getting used to no sleep again for baby, I guess.

What are you currently doing to get ready for baby? Washing clothes when I need to complete an incomplete load. Organizing the baby's closet, buying hangers. Next I have to affix wall decals and hang up other decor.

Are you ready for this to be over or could you be pregnant forever? I'm mixed on this one. It's my last planned one, so I know I will miss it after the fact, but also tired of it right now and ready to have my body back too.

What are you wanting to accomplish this week (doesn't have to be baby related!)?
More sleep!

Any appointments? Next week I have one on the 23rd.
Lilypie Maternity tickers