Light at the end of the tunnel...

iVillage Member
Light at the end of the tunnel...
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:31am

Since were nearing the end of the aweful first trimester I wondered how everyone is feeling? Any relief from m/s yet? Anyone starting to plan how / when they are going to reveal the pregnancy?

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:38am

I am feeling mostly OK - much more normal than a few weeks ago! Still have almost complete food aversion and not much tastes good and eating leaves me feeling not so great but I can't really complain because some ladies get it really bad. My least favourite thing is the heartburn which seems way to early!

Energy is starting to return but I am soo tired by the time the kids go to bed at night.

I already revealed my pregnancy weeks ago (I laid out my story including losses and asked for P & PT via facebook at 6 weeks, cold and impersonal but i didn't want any congratulations yet just p&pt to help me get through the first trimester). I think at 13 weeks I will make a small announcement to celebrate.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 8:14am
I'm still feeling completely exhausted, but it seems like the m/s eases up later in the day now, instead of lasting allllll day long. No clue when we're going to spread the news, we really haven't told anyone yet, except for my best fried who knew right away. We're going down to see my family in June, so will probably try to tell everyone before then, since it's going to be a bit of a shock! But hopefully it'll be a good surprise and we won't get too much grief from family like we did the last time around.

Yay for the second trimester being just around the corner!!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 1:21pm
Yes! Yes! Feeling so so much better, M\S is minor, my energy is coming back... I am starting to feel really good.
-Niomi Proud Mommy of Isaiah (5), Alexandria (3) and Expecting 11/2/2012 pregnancy
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 1:45pm

I am still exhausted! Somedays I feel my energy is back but then bam I become exhausted again. I try and eat regularly so I do not get sick feeling. But still get some nausea pop up out of the blue.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 2:31pm
Still nauseated and exhausted. I have an appointment on Wednesday - first ultrasound!! I'm just hoping I start to feel better in the next 4-5 weeks. I have got so much to do!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 8:10pm
I'm still sick quite a bit, but the zofran and sea bands help. I've only lost 5 pounds rather than the 20 I did last time around. I am still exhausted all the time though. I still have a good 3 weeks before the end of the trimester, though.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:19pm

Mine as a whole has been the easiest of my four pregnancies. I am still nauseous off and on all day, and I have only been physically sick when I first wake up. Since my stomach is empty, it is more dry heaving then anything. I just end up starving and wanting breakfast. I feel the worst first thing in the morning and around 7. I am tired and nauseous at night, but going to bed seems to help. Also, if I let myself get too hungry, then I feel bad too.

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 5:04pm
I think i'm getting a little of energy back! Woohoo! Not much to do for this baby really as I had moved my crib to our spare room when my son went to his big bed and my niece has been using it when she sleeps over. So just some tidying up of that spare room and some new paint perhaps, and to transfer the stuff stored in that closet to shelves in the basement (it has a nice big closet in that room). So I'm hoping to Take care of that part during 2nd trimester. I plan to be 100% organized this time around as I wasn't so much wit my first and he came 2 weeks early!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers