Lurking and I have a Judgemental question..

iVillage Member
Lurking and I have a Judgemental question..
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:48pm

So I am only 22 ( 23 in Sept. ) and I have 2 little boys already ages 2 and half and 1. I am going to college and I am married with a husband that supports me in every way which is more than what I can say for some of my friends :smileyhappy: But my question to you ladies is Am I too young to have 3 kids??

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 4:09pm
No your not to young. As long as you and you DH are both wanting another baby and you guys can afford it I don't see why it should be anything to anyone else.

Btw...im 22 also :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 4:14pm
No, definately not too young! You sound like a very mature person who is well aware of what another child entails. I think our parents have trouble understanding desire to have our own family even at the expense of trips and material comforts (not looking forward to that lecture from dh's family again). It's not about the number of years you have lived - it is about where you are in life and your ability to handle it.

Fyi I am 31, married at 19, first dd at 26... I have commitment issues ; )
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:07pm
Age is a number. If you're taking care of these kids, you have a roof over your head and you're thinking of the future (all things you seem to have covered), then I say who cares that you're only 22.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:13pm
I agree with the other ladies -- if you can afford to have another child and are happy with your life then that's all that matters. Just because the majority of other girls your age are more focused on partying right now doesn't mean that you are not ready for the responsibilities of a family - you've clearly already shown that you are!

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 1:15am

Thanks ladies! I was actually expecting more negative answers lol. We can afford another baby but only by making it. That is the other part I didnt mention. But DH has been at his new job for only 6 months and has gotten 3 raises. He is a hard worker and I am so proud of him. I know he will do anything for this family and I know he will take care of us no matter what.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 3:12am
No, I don't think you are too young. You are married, going to school, and want this baby. No one can say what age is right to have children. You can't live your life according to how other people want you to, it's your life not theirs. *hugs*
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:11am

I don't think you are too young to have 3 kids, but if you really want my judgemental thoughts on this question . . .

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 4:42pm

BFing.. You mean breast feeding right? Sometimes I get lost with all these acronyms :smileytongue:

If you are, I breast fed my 1st son exclusively for 9 months and my period resumed when he was only 6 weeks to every 28 or 29 as usual. My second son I could only BF for 5 months because he wouldnt suck long enough for me to let down so my supply started deminishing until I had to put him on the bottle:smileysad:

I felt like a bad mom like I couldn't feed my child and bottle feeding was so wrong for him ( not against bottle feeding just wanted to BF longer) I am excited to BF again and everyone says how good it is for your baby but a lot of younger people wont do it. I watched my sister when I was 13 and realised how close you get to your children and that bond you form.

Your right, having children makes you become an adult faster! My plan was to have kids young ( but I didnt expect to be 19 lol ) and be able to play with them and have more time and energy for them. Many people say to wait because usually when you are older you will financially set and can give your kids more. Also they say the divorce rate is higher for young marriages. Everything I read I take with a grain of salt or brush it off my shoulders. Whichever pertains to me I make that judgement. I want another baby especially a girl and the main reason I posted this question was to get another outlook on negative aspects I overlooked and thank you ladies so much for your help. I test on 3/22 so hopefully I will be joining you in a few weeks :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 5:08pm

I have another friend who cycles when she's BFing, and she's working on number 8!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 5:44pm

Thanks adrienne! I'll check that out.