MONDAY CHECK IN!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK IN!!!
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 9:15am

Ladies.  We are SO. VERY. PREGNANT.  It's almost the end of September and I am know that before the end of October we will have some sweet arrivals!  Who's ready?!

How far along are you this week?

Any appointments?

Are you ready for the main event?

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do?

How are you feeling lately?

What are you eating?

How are you sleeping?

How are the emotions running these days?

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 9:22am

How far along are you this week? 31 weeks and a few days today. 

Any appointments? Not this week. 

Are you ready for the main event? Yes.  I genuinely despise how I feel in my third trimester.  BUT, I'm perfectly happy to let this baby bake until she's ready.  No squishy middles.

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do? Oh, PLENTY.  My house is still a pit (DH has been out of town a lot lately), I have none of the baby furniture inside the house and I need to wash the covers for the swings and seats and things.  I also need to order the parts to fix my stroller and the Bumbo.  They are way out in the shop attached to the barn.  There isn't a bathroom out there.  I'm not going.

How are you feeling lately? Like I got hit by a truck.  I had the WORST acid reflux of my life on Friday and Saturday.  My throat still hurts.  My DD has insisted on sleeping with me since DH has been out of town and I don't sleep that great, anyhow.  I'm also ready for it to stop being 90 degrees outside. 

What are you eating?Honestly, I've gotten so lazy, I'm eating whatever is easy or already made.  Nothing really does the trick these days.  I tend to NOT gain that much weight in my third trimester, and classically, the week before I deliver, I lose two pounds.

How are you sleeping? *yawn* NOT ENOUGH!!

How are the emotions running these days?I am a little cranky.  DH has been pushing some buttons with me lately that would torque me off when I'm not pregnant.  Also, I have a 12 year old boy in the house - there is always some sort of battle to be waged, even though he is a great kid.  Mostly, I just need everyone to be on good behavior so I don't harm them...

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? 61 days until my due date.  I've never made it that far.  If I had to guess, I'd say more like 52.  

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 12:35pm

How far along are you this week? +34 weeks

Any appointments? First appt with my ob on Thursday. Was reading reviews and she sounds great with only one drawback - too quick to schedule a c-section for my liking (almost everyone was very happy with her willingness to schedule one). I am in a conservative part of the world and do not want to be forced in that direction unless absoloutely necessary.

Are you ready for the main event? I think I can finally say yes - just need to pack my bag and a bag for my kids. Nothing else is important.

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do? Pack overnight bags is the only critical item left. Still waiting for dh to bring down the dressers so I can get our lo's clothes put away (its only been 3 weeks...)

How are you feeling lately? Allergies last week and right now suffering a cold that my dd shared. Aside from that my body is getting tired (normal for this point) which makes me so glad that I got so much done last month!

What are you eating? Still mostly protein - this kid thrives on it and everything else makes me feel squemish.

How are you sleeping? Not well last week (kids in our bed all week with bad dreams and colds). Them aside not horrible except for getting up a half dozen times a night to create rushing waterfalls (i have no idea how the 4th pee break of the night can be so powerful when I haven't drank in hours!!)

How are the emotions running these days? very grumpy and easily upset - doesn't help that I feel exhausted all the time!

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? No - this kid will come when he is ready. Counting down to the due date will make me anxious! As long as I make it another 3 weeks I am happy and the ob won't let me go much farther than a week over before she sets a date to induce.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 1:47pm

How far along are you this week?  32 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments?  my reg checkup is wednesday. i have been on 3 week rotations, and i think i switch to 2 after wednesday

Are you ready for the main event?  i mean i could do it if i had to, but i still have some things i want to get done so i am not doing it right after i have her

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do?  mainly organizing and some deeper cleaning, but even getting down to clean the bathrooms yesterday and a nice long walk had my back hurting horribly

How are you feeling lately? feel well enough to keep working and doing things, but this indegestion is horrible...esp waking up in the middle of the night for tums...also inner thigh pain like i worked out for hours is hard on the sleeping

What are you eating? whatever sounds good. nothing in particular

How are you sleeping?  varies night to night depending on leg pains and indegestion

How are the emotions running these days? i wish i could say good, but as long as nobody makes me mad i am good :smileyhappy:

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date?  more just weeks...like thinking since i will be 32 weeks tomorrow, i will be fine to have baby in 5 weeks...that sort of thing

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 2:35pm

How far along are you this week? 31 weeks on Thursday

Any appointments? Not until next week

Are you ready for the main event? Not even close

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do? Everything. Organize clothes. Deep clean the apartment. Buy remaining items after my baby shower. Install car seat.

How are you feeling lately? Lethargic, generally crappy.

What are you eating? Muffins, egg sandwiches, lots of sauteed zucchini and mushrooms

How are you sleeping? More than usual, but I wake up feeling headachey and yucky.

How are the emotions running these days? More down than up.

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? I try not to think too hard about the clock ticking. I feel totally unprepared.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 5:21pm

Happy Fall everyone!!! We made it through summer now just 2 more months (or less) to go!

How far along are you this week? 32 weeks

Any appointments? Yep, hopefully my final u/s on Wednesday to find out if there is any movement at all and I should schedule my c-section then too.

Are you ready for the main event? Body wise yes, mentally no!!! I am starting to panic when I think how long I have left.

How are you feeling lately? Icky and achy which is why body wise I am ready to be done. I can't imagine getting any bigger and getting into bed is getting hard to do.

What are you eating? Nothing and everything at the same time. Everything looks good, but after one bite the heartburn kicks in and I am done with it. Even tummy friendly things give me heartburn.

How are you sleeping? It was good for 2 weeks but getting bad again. I think it is just good practice for waking up for a baby... NOT!

How are the emotions running these days? All over the place. Happy,depressed, angry, grumpy, sleepy.

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? I am counting the weeks, but start getting small panic attacks when I think of it in days.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 7:43pm
How far along are you this week? 33 weeks

Any appointments? No. Next Thursday.

Are you ready for the main event? Yes, I think so. I just need my car seat installed. Everything else is pretty much ready.

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do? Car seat installed, have car washed/waxed, clean up some more, have pest control come by, but I consider these all minor (besides car seat installation, but shouldn't take long). We're ready for the most part.

How are you feeling lately? Lots of pains down looow, a couple of contractions here and there (but nothing major), tired, not very hungry and baby boy is pressing hard against the cervix.

What are you eating? Salads, pastas, sandwiches, fruits and nuts, flax-raisin bran cereal, veggie soups, yogurt, cheese!

How are you sleeping? Not great. DD gets me up early and baby to be wakes me up at night with jabs and the need to go pee often.

How are the emotions running these days? I feel very happy overall and excited to meet our newest member.

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? I count every week; I try not to count the days, so I don't drive myself crazy. :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 8:09pm

I'll be 33 weeks on Wed.

Any appointments?

Today! I got my flu shot and my progesterone shot. Did a NST and baby was having decels the first 10 minutes, so they had me change position and stay on for 25 more minutes, BORING! Still measuring 3 weeks ahead- he's going to be a big boy if I can make it long enough!

Wash bedding and clothes and pack my bags.

Tired! And Sore!

What are you eating?

A lot of protein and fresh veggies.

How are you sleeping?

This last week has been a little better, finally.

Basically. I count down my hopes of how long he will stay in! I'm crossing my fingers I'll make it to 38 weeks, 39 would be even better, and 39.5 would be my record breaker. Though there is always the chance of earlier- my first 2 babies were born at 34 and 36 weeks.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 4:05pm

How far along are you this week? 34 weeks today!

Any appointments? I have my 34 week check-up tomorrow, along with another follow-up ultrasound to check on baby's bowels... hoping that things look even better than last time!

Are you ready for the main event? I'm so ready to get it done and over with and to meet our sweet girl! Still nervous about the arrangements for the other kids, but hopeful that everything will work out.

If you aren't ready, what do you need to do? Figure out what to do with the other kids (will largely depend on if it's scheduled or if it just happens on its own), get Lia's room set up now that we've got the other kids' rooms moved, buy car seat and stroller.

How are you feeling lately? EXHAUSTED. Seriously. And hot. And huge.

What are you eating? Whatever sounds good at the moment. I haven't been eating as much as I was before, maybe because baby is a lot bigger and crowding my stomach and everything else. I find myself eating a lot of cereal and fruit, though.

How are you sleeping? Not well. I'm pretty uncomfortable (as I'm sure we all are!) and then once I finally get into a decent position and fall asleep, YDS is usually waking up. His sleep schedule has been out of whack lately since he's teething.

How are the emotions running these days? I've been getting pretty easily frustrated with DH and the kids. Trying to keep it in check, but that gets pretty difficult at times.

Do you count down every day until your due date/delivery date? I've definitely been counting down the weeks, and every now and then I'll look and see how many actual days there are left. I think today said 42 days left, which sounds soo good to me right now!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 1:32pm

Ill be 34 weeks this coming week!

Any appointments?

Yes a regular appointment on Monday.

YES! My ribs hurt all the time, my pelvic bone feels like its about to snap, and I am HUGE.

We really have everything, including the hospital bag ready. The only thing we need to do if let a drop in daycare that my daughter has used before know that we are planning on using them as "back up care" for a little bit in the event that I go into labor before my parents or my husbands parents can get to were we live. Im having a c-section, so we didnt want my husband to even possibly have to miss anything while waiting for someone to get to the hospital to get our daughter. This way, we can drop her off if its going to be a little while and she can play until someone gets there to pick her up, which more than likely would only be about an hour or so.

BIG. Everything is so sore; legs, feet, hands, ribs, pelvis.... EVERYTHING

What are you eating?

EEVRYTHING IN SITE!!! lol Just Kidding Just Kidding! It really just depends, Im trying to eat smaller meals because if I eat to much, I end up not feeling well at all. I have been craving dirt and potatoes which my doctor said is a sign of low iron... so I have started eating more iron rich foods and actually am adding medicinal clay to my water.. it has sooooo many minerals and good stuff in it!

How are you sleeping?

Not well. I have RLS now and I can not get comfortable. On top of that my sciatic nerve is acting up and I get so hot at night. I often find myself giving my husband dirty looks and thinking about pishing him off the bed as he  sleeps soundly lol

Im doing pretty good in that area.

Not everyday, but every week. We have a c-section date... so I know that at least by that day our son will be here.... its pretty exciting! My hsuabnd says it stresses him out a little when I remind him how much time we have left lol so I try not to mention it to much and just let him bring it up.

Photobucket