Monday Check In

iVillage Member
Monday Check In
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 9:45am

We are totally in the home stretch!  The majority of us are in single digit weeks and we are all well into our third trimester!  Baby time is JUST around the corner!! 

How far along are you this week?

Any appointments?

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week?

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order?

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)?

How is your comfort level?

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 9:50am

How far along are you this week? 30 weeks. 

Any appointments? Not this week. 

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week? Just more washing and putting away and finding space.  I'll bring in the baby gear during the first weeks in October. 

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order? I haven't yet.  Our insurance changes (ugh) on October first, so I will be delivering at a different hospital than origially planned.  I am sure it will come soon. 

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)? I feel like a cow.  Maybe like a prehistoric cow.  I am having plenty of Braxton Hicks Contractions and swelling.  I hope that is my body prepping for a little quicker delivery date!  (just not TOO quick!)

How is your comfort level? This whole swelling thing mostly makes it non-existent.  I can't walk around easily, I don't feel my feet underneath me as well and my shoes don't fit.  Also, baby is still breech/transverse and it is not comfortable!!

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while? I am emotionally ready to be done.  Those sweet little movements have turned into an Irish Step Dance on my cervix and I'm over it.  

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 11:41am

How far along are you this week? 33 wks

Any appointments? not this week

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week? Just filled out my birth plan - now to recopy it to a 1 pg doc, pack my bag (as much as possible), I am washing baby clothes and then need to sort them by ages and see if I have any holes to fill, cook double batches of meals and freeze half, general house cleaning and tidying (really want to tackle the kids toys)

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order? Not yet, I will probably do it after my first OB appt next week rather than making a special 2 hr drive.

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)? Definitely undergoing delivery prep... somedays the BH are to the point of concern but I am able to 'control' them by changing activity or drinking water etc at this point. My head keeps feeling big leaks that aren't happening, same thing happened last pg. I started drinking raspberry leaf tea a week or so ago and I think that has amped the BH a bit but no complaints, hoping it helps with early labour ie more efficient contractions and not needing 24 hrs to get to 4cms.

How is your comfort level? It is acceptable - walking is aweful (my oldest was mimicing my walk on saturday, going around with a ball between her thighs saying she was mommy...), hard to be comfortable in any position by lying down, but all in all my health is good and no real swelling so I can't complain.

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while? Mostly no - the thought of a newborn stresses me out  (my life was just returning to normal and sleep was sooooo nice), I generally don't feel ready for a baby yet but probably never will, and this is likely my last one so I want to treasure the good stuff. It is so strange to me that I am not excited about the baby or looking forward to his arrival at all but I will be once he arrives and sleep deprivation sets in and I forget what the good life was like... I can't even remember what it was like before we had kids and I could set my own schedule!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 12:29pm

How far along are you this week? 31 weeks

Any appointments? Nope, but I have my two classes this week! So excited for them!

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week? I think we are pretty much prepared for the baby! Maybe pack my hospital bag just in case I have an emergency.

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order? Yes and no. Yes they have all my information so no filling out the forms, and no since I still need to give them the after birth plan

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)? I am feeling good. My uterus is starting to get heavy and I think I am having BH contractions for 5-15 minutes daily.

How is your comfort level? I can't stay in one position long than 15 minutes so lots of fidgeting

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while? Both! I am finally starting to love my pregnant body so I would not mind staying pregnant for a few months longer, but not grow any bigger either. At the same time the cramping, nerve pain, and over all uncomfortable feeling is getting to me. I also really want to hold our little girl in my arms and just stare at her.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 2:59pm

How far along are you this week? I'll be 31 weeks Wednesday

Any appointments? I have a checkup Wed and this will be when I began rotating docs in the practice.

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week?  I don't have one.  :-)

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order?  Nope.  I'm a procrastinator, especially when feeling overwhelmed.  And I'm feeling overwhelmed. 

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)?  I think maybe some BH going on, but they go away quickly with changing positions.  Pretty sure Lily is pretty much staying head down.  I tell DH this means she's going to be a good kid and just do what's she's supposed to.  We have 2 teenagers who are obliviously to the idea of just doing something because they should and not have to be told 50 times first.  I'm sure it's just wishful thinking though.  lol

How is your comfort level?  I'm ok, really.  Back ache is about the worst part of it.  Shortness of breath isn't fun, but really, it's not so bad either.  I'm really tired.  I'm just counting myself very lucky that all has been smooth and easy for me when I hear of so many people feeling bad or being sick. 

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while?  I'm pretty nervous about it.  I'm ready to see her and hold her.  But at the same time, our already hectic and crazy life is going to get even more so.  So, I'd be okay hanging on to it a while...but I'm sure that's just one of those things that you're never perfectly prepared for.  Things will fall into place.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 3:29pm

How far along are you this week? 31 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments? not til next week

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week?  still working on switching my youngest daughter's room so i can do clothes and stuff. got my bedding in the mail...need to wash it and newborn/3 mo clothes

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order?  don't think i am required to do anything yet

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)?  very anxious...ever since seeing 30 weeks, i have felt this overwhelming feeling to prepare my whole house...it is exhausting!

How is your comfort level? not too bad...sciatica pain here and there. most of my problems are sleeping

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while?  i am ready to be done but so sad that i won't get to do it again :smileysad:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 5:58pm

How far along are you this week? 33 weeks on Thursday!

Any appointments? Not this week

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week? Finishing up with the kids' rooms. We found out we won't be moving halfway across the country in January, so I definitely want to get baby set up in her own room, instead of just in a pack & play in ours. We'll very likely be moving in May or June, but that is just too long to have all of her stuff crammed in our room or wherever it will fit. So I started rearranging the kids' rooms today, had to swap the boys room  with my oldest DD's room, then will be moving both girls into the boys' old room so that baby can go in younger DD's room (the smallest). I also would like to wash a few baby clothes and start working on getting the hospital bag packed, just in case.

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order? I haven't. I plan to ask about this at my next appointment, as I have never delivered at this hospital before.

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)? I'm feeling exhausted! I had been having some pretty frequent BH contractions, but those have eased up over the past couple of days.

How is your comfort level? Ugh, not so high. My back is constantly aching, the sciatica that I've been struggling with has gotten worse, and I'm exhausted all the time. But it could be worse, so I'm thankful that it's not.

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while? I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy and meet our little girl. And I'm so happy this is our last baby, because I do NOT want to be pregnant again!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 10:37am
How far along are you this week?

I will be 32 weeks on Wednesday! I can't believe it!

Any appointments?

I had my NST and progesterone shot yesterday. I get to go in weekly for those. After the NST, the OB came in and said that very few 32 weekers look as good as a full term, and mine was one of those. That is a relief since I never know when I'll deliver.

The to-do list is becoming more and more important. What is on yours this week?

My house is clean, top to bottom. This week I am going to put the blinds up in the nursery and catch up on some much needed rest! I hosted a very large party on Sunday for family members that just had a baby girl, so I've been cleaning non stop for that.

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order?

I haven't registered yet, I guess I should ask next week about that.

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)?

I am so sore, don't know if that's from the cleaning or my body "prepping" hopefully the cleaning. :smileyhappy:

How is your comfort level?

Usually pretty good. My hips hurt quite a bit.

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while?

I am actually hoping I go over this time. I always go early. But, baby is due 3 weeks before the end of my math class, so I wouldn't mind if he stayed in as long as he can! I may regret that wish later when I am so uncomfortable, though! :smileyhappy:
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:29am

How far along are you this week? 32 weeks today

Any appointments? None this week for myself. Took the kiddos to the eye doctor yesterday, and the hubby had his pertussis booster today. My next appointment is next Wednesday, and I think I'll be switched to 1 week appointments then, which I'm just fine with.

The to-do list is becoming more and more important.  What is on yours this week? My To-Do list this week is to write up my To-Do list :smileyhappy: I have to get my guest list together for the baby shower and figure out what to pack for the hospital.

Have you registered at your hospital/birth center yet? If you are a home-birther, are your supplies in order? Yep! Registered a couple of weeks ago. Our hospital wanted me registered by 18 weeks, so I was a little late.

How are you feeling? Can you feel any "delivery prep" going on in your body (or in your brain!)? I feel good, but I'm anxious. I'm ready for November already.

How is your comfort level? My hips still really hurt, and my belly is sore from all the stretching he does, but nothing too bad.

Are you ready for your pregnancy to come to a close? Or could you hang on to pregnancy for a while? Nope, totally ready!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40