Monday Check In!!

iVillage Member
Monday Check In!!
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:26pm

Sorry I'm running so late in the day - my kiddos started school this morning!!

How far along are you this week?

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)

What is on your to do list this week?

Are you ready for baby?

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives?

Is your baby named?

Are you having a baby shower?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:31pm

How far along are you this week? I am 27 weeks - 28 weeks on Saturday!!

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)Um. That it's almost over??

What is on your to do list this week? I had DS's room cleaned a few weeks ago.  I have to do it again.  I also need to start getting the larger baby gear out and cleaned up.

Are you ready for baby? Yes and no.  I am so excited she is soon to arrive, but I'm glad I have a while left.

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? I have never made it past organizing clothes and prepping diapers.  I have to find a place for her to sleep in our room and start washing.  I have plenty to do...

Is your baby named?No.  I told DH the other night that I would let him come up with three or four names and we could discuss them when she is born.  He seemed happy enough with that. 

Are you having a baby shower? Not this time!  But, I can hardly wait to hear about everyone elses!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:57pm

Yay for the first day of school, Jules! Hope you enjoy the solo time!

As for me...

How far along are you this week? Will be 30 weeks on Thursday!

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!) Yeah, not so much. I am so uncomfortable all the time now. But I am enjoying knowing that our little girl will be here in just a matter of weeks.

What is on your to do list this week? Doctor's appointment on Friday morning. We have a repeat u/s to see if the issue with her bowel resolved itself, stayed the same, or got worse. Crossing our fingers for good results!

Are you ready for baby? Yes, I am SO ready! I mean, psychologically, anyway. When it comes to actually having stuff cleaned and set up, no. Not at all. But I can just make DH do that when I'm in the hospital if all else fails :smileywink:

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? I'd like to get my youngest son off the pacifier. I set my goal date as the end of September, so hopefully we'll have a few weeks between giving up the paci and new baby coming along, in case she ends up using one. We finally completely got rid of bottles about a month ago, so I'm really hopeful that this transition won't be too bad. It's probably just wishful thinking, though! Aside from that, I guess I need to pick up a few more items for this little one, like a car seat and double stroller. There's a big consignment sale coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably stock up on clothes, blankets, etc there and maybe even a stroller if I find one I like. Will get the car seat sometime before she comes home from the hospital, I suppose. LOL

Is your baby named? Yes, her name will be Lia Evelynn.

Are you having a baby shower? No

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 3:16pm

How far along are you this week?  29 weeks tomorrow

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!) Yeah, pretty much. I had a screwy appt. last week where I had a trace amount of protein and my blood pressure was up (140/80). The next day was normal-ish (no protein & my BP was down to 130/70), but I have to go in again this week to re-check. Needless to say, I'm stressed which I'm sure doesn't help my BP.

What is on your to do list this week? Buy Pack & Play, stroller/carseat, & swing & get his clothes sorted out

Are you ready for baby? YES!!!! Definitely not ready until I get this weeks to-do list done, but emotionally... OMGoodness! Can't wait for November!

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? Finish painting both bathrooms, simplify our lives by getting new, matching towels, silverware, plates and glasses... it's a long story... we just have several sets of everything and it's a pain :smileyhappy: I need to get all the baby's clothes together & sorted out so I can figure out what I need, and I need to buy all the baby gear :smileyhappy:

Is your baby named? Yep! Noah Robert

Are you having a baby shower? Hmmmm.... I don't know. My SIL wants to give me one, but I feel kinda funny about it. I mean, it's not that we couldn't use stuff... this is the 1st boy in 12 1/2 years, but it IS baby #5, so yeah.... I feel weird about it.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 3:24pm

How far along are you this week?

29 weeks!!

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)

I am! My doctor just told me today I only have 8-9 more weeks! That is the longest he is going to let me go!

What is on your to do list this week?

Having a test for gallstones in 2 days. :smileysad:

Are you ready for baby?

YES! We just got the last of the stuff we needed! We are ready!

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives?

Id like to make him another crib bumper.

Is your baby named?

Yes! Jacari Jermaine

Are you having a baby shower?

No.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 4:27pm

How far along are you this week? 28 Weeks Wed.

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)  Um...I'm tired.  I didn't expect to be tired this early in the 3rd trimester.  I just figured it would come later. So, I'm going to increase water and hope that's it.

What is on your to do list this week?  Um...?? Birth plan.  maybe get a mattress.  Get registered for my shower.

Are you ready for baby?  Yes and no.  we still need a lot of stuff.  I wish my house would sale.  But I'm ready to meet her.  I can't wait to see those tiny little fee that have found my ribs now!

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives?  My house NEEDS to sale.  if that would happen, I'd feel a lot better.

Is your baby named?  Lily  Probably Lily Rose (yes, it's two flowers and I'm struggling with that...but it's a pretty name.)

Are you having a baby shower?  Yep!  Yay!  My  BFF gave me 3 jobs 1) get her a guest list 2) register and 3) pick a few dates we could go with.  It will likely be Oct 13 or 14

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 5:26pm

How far along are you this week? 28 weeks

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!) umm not really, I have had the worst clogged nose and sinus headaches recently

What is on your to do list this week? Big doctors appointment on wednesday which includes an ultrasound, GD test, thyriod function test, and lots of questions. Also moving!!!! Oh yes, DH and I are finally moving out this week and boy does it feel like I need an hour long break after every box I pack.

Are you ready for baby? Well, we have the essentials so if she arrives soon we have enough to get by with. And since we are moving it is easy to get our room baby ready without much effort. So far we have a swing, pack'n play, changing pad, just bought a boppy with a 15% off coupon from Babies R Us, stroller, car seat, 12 cloth diaper covers, lots of prefolds, snappis, bamboo insets, a wet bag, wipes, moma pads, nursing pads, fleece stay dry liners, lots of cloths, and an elephant rattle thing that can attach to the car seat.

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? I have a pattern and fabric for a minky monkey quilt that I need to sew, I need to actually quilt the comforter for DH's and my bed, I want to make a car seat blanket (http://projectsbyjess.blogspot.com/2011/03/car-seat-blanket.html), I also want to make a ribbon blanket (http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2010/11/make-it-taggie-blanket-for-baby/), I am sure there are more things that will come to me.

Is your baby named? Yes, Aibhlin Mackenzie

Are you having a baby shower? No, no one I know lives close enough, but lots of people have already told me they are sending me stuff for the baby

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 8:51pm

How far along are you this week? 30 weeks

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!) Not at all! I completly missed the second trimester energy and now have to get things done in the super tired uncomfortable 3rd trimester.

What is on your to do list this week? Not sure - I have been working away on my mountain of laundry slowly (my laundry even tried to give me an incentive to keep at it by dropping $35 out of pockets). That is top priority before I move on to making more messes. Next thing is to get my girls rooms in order, my oldest is a collector and hoarder and has gathered allot of junk, toys, clothes, etc in her room.

Are you ready for baby? I could be if i needed to be but I am not. I want to get this place in tip top (or good for me) shape before he is born because i know things will slide again once he arrives.

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? Everything!!!! I could add to my list forever just by looking around and seeing the amount of junk we don't need / use and the clutter everywhere and the dirt and marks on every surface that need washed off... complete nesting stuff! I won't be happy until my fridge and stove are cleaned, lol!

Is your baby named? Yes unless he doesn't like the name when he's born and names himself. Timothy Isaac

Are you having a baby shower? Not as far as I know. I got 4 the first time around (my family, dh family, work, and church) and I too feel uncomfortable with the idea of having one for anything but my first despite my belief that every baby is special and deserves to be celebrated... I am a silly Libra - always sitting on the fence of every issue!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:45pm

How far along are you this week? 27 on Thursday

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!) I'm still pretty early so things haven't gotten too uncomfortable yet. I'm starting to get a little more awkward in my movements but I'm still feeling pretty good.

What is on your to do list this week? Nothing really. I'm at a lull. I had a whirlwhind last week of dentist, OB, reg doc, MFM appointments. but I already have another appointment on the 4th! Now going every 2 weeks.

Are you ready for baby? I have big things purchased (crib, carseat, etc) and some clothing, but for the most part, no. I'm waiting for after my shower to really start nesting.

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives? So much it seems like. I'd like to take a infant CPR/first aid training sometime after I go on maternity leave. There are several other tasks that aren't pressing but that I've put off because they'll be easier when I have my days free. I would also like to relax and treat myself to somewhat of a vacation before he gets here. We'll see!

Is your baby named? Yes, Isaac for sure. We're trying Jeffrey on for size as his middle.

Are you having a baby shower? Yes, I believe it's going to be on October 13. I'm looking forward to getting everything organized and ready. 

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 3:02pm

How far along are you this week? 28 weeks today!

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)  trying! my biggest obstacles are sciatica and sleeping right now but trying to just relax and enjoy these last months of ever being pregnant

What is on your to do list this week? work and soccer practice/games lol; nothing baby related

Are you ready for baby? if it were time now i would have all i basically need but still need to wash things and set up the crib/bassinet; i will do these things closer

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives?  i still need to finish the transition of switching rooms; i do daycare in my home so i want alot of that put away so i can enjoy my family/holidays without all of the toys in my living room!

Is your baby named? most likely Brooklyn and still trying to decide on middle name....front runner is Brooklyn Nicole

Are you having a baby shower?  probably not, but that is fine with me!!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 1:30pm

How far along are you this week?  29 weeks!

Are you enjoying the "end" of pregnancy (most of us are in or soon to be in the final tri!)  Yes, I do feel good as long as I can take it easy.

What is on your to do list this week? I started my class, I am only taking one class this semester. Also, my kindergartener starts school tomorrow (the rest of the kiddos started last week). I plan on putting up the border in the nursery this weekend, shop for a travel system (BRU is doing their buy back where you bring in your old stuff and get 25% off new stuff), and also start looking for a new dishwasher.

Are you ready for baby? No! And I hope he stays in until his due date!  It will be easier going to class with him inside than outside!

What do you want to finish/accomplish before baby arrives?  Everything- my class, getting the house cleaned and organized, I have about 3 years of pictures I need to organize, filing to do, the list is very long.

Is your baby named? Yep! Caleb

Are you having a baby shower?  No.  I was thrown a shower for my first and haven't had one since.

Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers