Monday Check In!!!

iVillage Member
Monday Check In!!!
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:55am

Ladies!  Can you believe how far we've come!  Half of us are into our third trimester and the rest of us are just days or weeks away!  These babies are going to be here before we know it!!

How far along are you this week?

Any new symptoms/discomforts?

What are you craving this week?

How is the weather where you are?

Are you ready for the end of summer?

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival?

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now?

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:59am

How far along are you this week? I am 26 weeks.  I'll be 27 on Saturday. 

Any new symptoms/discomforts? My hips are pretty achy and I have HEARTBURN!!!

What are you craving this week? Basically food that I can't cook.  Like really excellent Asian/Chinese food.  Salty, savory dishes that make my feet bigger than they are!

How is the weather where you are? It is freakishly cool this morning.  It won't get out of the 80's all week and that's practically winter around here!  I am so looking forward to Fall!

Are you ready for the end of summer?There are not words for how ready I am for this summer to end.  My children start school on MOnday and I am delighted.  DELIGHTED, I TELL YOU. 

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival?Just more inventory and cleaning and space making. 

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now? Just feeling this girl move and trying to enjoy the last pregnancy I'll have.  I enjoy trying to figure out her personality, too. 

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now? The swelling.  And the general discomfort.  It's always hard at the end of pregnancy, but I'm trying to relish it.  It's not permanent and it is worth it.  You can all slap me around when I start whining at the end of the day!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 12:35pm
mandmleona wrote:

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now?  I think getting winded standing still tops the list.  I can handle get winded walking somewhere or doing something, but when just standing in line makes me winded, it's frustrating

Right there with you, it doesn't make any sense to me that some days I can't stand at all for the lack of energy that I feel as soon as I stand up (it is hilarious watching me doing dishes somedays, leaning on the sink for stability then sitting in a kitchen chair every 2 mins to work up enough energy to hang on to the sink again). I don't remember this happening before, must be something to do with the way the baby sits sometimes - grrrrrrr....

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 12:35pm

How far along are you this week? 27 weeks

Any new symptoms/discomforts? I am started spotting if I do too much running around, I am pretty sure it is just from the placenta previa so just need to take it easy until delivery. I will talk to the doctor about it at my US next week.

What are you craving this week? Garlic, milk, chocolate, frosties for wendy's, ginger ale, cinnamon

How is the weather where you are? Still a little hot but now more manageable

Are you ready for the end of summer? Yes, I am so ready for September to come, I would say October but DH's birthday is in September.

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival? Well yesterday we purchased the car seat and stroller, my mom's friends are getting up the pack'n play http://www.target.com/p/graco-reversible-napper-and-pack-n-play-scribbles/-/A-14030867 (oh so cute),and I ordered lots of wipes, 3 wet bags, and some mama postpartum pads off etsy yesterday. We also bought our first TV yesterday, but that is more for us then the baby.

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now? ummm all the moving she is doing

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now? Everything else, at least this week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 12:58pm

How far along are you this week? 29 weeks. I just noticed that by the calendar I have 2 months +a week till I am due, yipes!

Any new symptoms/discomforts? Not really any new ones but all existing ones are getting more intense - wholly pelvis discomfort and penguin waddle not to mention the deepening of the heartburn (expecting this guy to have a full head of hair bc it has been happening for months and never ever bothered me with my first two and they were baldies)

What are you craving this week? Seriously craving some chicken burritos right now - anyone have a good recipe that isn't loaded with sour cream and cheese (dairy allergy)? I think i will have to msg my SIL bc her SO is from Mexico.

How is the weather where you are? It has been unseasonally hot here lately but it is finally starting to go back to normal which means little to no humidity and it being cool in the morning and evenings - ahhhhh

Are you ready for the end of summer? I hate to admit it (because of the alternative - snow) but yes. Summer has been terrible on my body this year and I am longing for fall which is my favourite season.

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival? Ordered a book on the Bradley Method and I have been devouring it - I highly recommend it. It is called 'Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way' by Susan McCutcheon - medical data and pics are outdated (80s) but if you can ignore that the info is excellent and the exercises are well explained. Fyi this is the original Natural Childbirth method / movement and it covers all the bases (visualization, relaxation, breathing, etc.) and all others seem to have evolved out of an area of this plan. Also Getting my room emptied and rearranged to fit the baby. Took a little break but my room is nearly done, just need to move the bed and set up the crib. However I have mountains and mountains of junk that collected in our room over the last several months that I need to deal with preferably in the next 3 hours before I need to pick up my kids from daycare.

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now? That my kid seems to have finally grown too much to turn transverse!! I don't know which way the head is but I am thinking positively and visualizing him head down.

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now? I really haven't felt well since the begining of the weekend - not myself, sort of under the weather / blah, weak/tired, some intense bh contractions, and I have been unable to shake a headache since Saturday (it goes away for the day but comes back in the evening and mornings). I have no swelling or anything to indicate Pre-e (dh says i am less bloated then normal, thanks I guess) but it is still unnerving. If it is still doing it tomorrow I will have to call my doc.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:24pm

How far along are you this week? I'll be 29 weeks on Thursday!

Any new symptoms/discomforts? A more frequent discomfort is not being able to breathe. This little girl has apparently found her way up into my ribcage and is crowding my lungs. I hate that feeling!

What are you craving this week? Not really craving anything. In fact, I don't seem to have much of an appetite at all these past couple of days. Maybe that'll help keep some of those extra pounds away!

How is the weather where you are? Still hot, still humid.

Are you ready for the end of summer? Oh yes!

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival? The other day I went through the closet of baby stuff and kind of did an inventory on what we have for her already. That way as I'm hitting all of these sales, I won't end up buying 600 pairs of socks and no onesies or something, lol.

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now? I'm loving all of the shopping I've gotten to do! DH isn't too excited about all of the little baby things, but something about just being able to hold the little clothes or see where she is going to sleep makes it seem more real.

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now? The exhaustion, sciatica, and not being able to breathe royally suck. And the waiting. I wish November would hurry up and get here!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:31pm
Tabatha - I've been feeling that weird, sort of blah feeling too over the past couple of days. Haven't really been able to eat much, more intense BH contractions as well, and just really tired. I haven't had the headache, but my brain feels more "foggy" than usual, if that makes any sense. Hopefully it's just normal pregnancy craziness for us both!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 2:15pm

Tabatha - I also have that particular Bradley book.  It has been really helpful for me in terms of visualizing a positive labor and delivery!  I also have one (can't remember the author or the title) but it's something along the lines of Natural Childbirth in a hospital setting. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 3:37pm

How far along are you this week? I'll be 27 Wednesday

Any new symptoms/discomforts?New?  nope.  Just the back issues and swelling ankles. 

What are you craving this week?  Nothing.  Haven't craved anything this whole time.  I was sooo hoping I'd crave stuff to see what all the hub-bub was.  But nope.  I just eat whatever.  Trying to get all my protein in and calcium.  I do really like milk lately. 

How is the weather where you are?Cooler than average, but still in the 80s. 

Are you ready for the end of summer?I guess a little.  I'm pretty cold natured and I have just recently started feeling hotter than normal.  But I still get cold too.  The end of summer, means closer to baby and I don't feel ready.  lol

What are you doing to prepare right now for baby's arrival?My BFF is wanting me to get a guest list and pick a date for a shower!!  Sooooo excited.  And I'm doing my Hypnobabies stuff.  Gah...the exercises, the hypnotic exercises, the deepening sessions, the food, the water...I'm seriously in training for a huge event.  I don't know how I manage to fit it all in and still have time to work and such.  But I am.  And I do enjoy it.  This little girl is worth it all!

What is your FAVORITE thing about pregnancy right now? The same as most, feeling her move around.  I just wonder what she's doing in there when my stomach contorts into all these weird shapes.  She's making Mommy laugh, that's for sure.  AND the pelvic rocks fixing my back problems...right up there with favorite thing.  If I could just walk around and stay on all fours all day, I think I'd feel better.  lol

What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing (or things..Ha!) about pregnancy right now? the back ache, especially when I have to roll over at night.  that's all. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 4:08pm

I'll be 28 weeks! That is how far along my mom was with me when I was born. I'm so glad I have never had any babies THAT early!

Same old, same old.

Anything with sugar, and of course I've I've had to cut out the refined carbs, so ugh!

Hot, dry, and smokey.

Yes! I'm excited for having a schedule again! And the kids getting busy.

Doing the nursery this week! :smileyhappy:

Feeling the baby move and not feeling sick!

The cramps and contractions I get all the time. Luckily the progesterone helps that a lot.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 2:47pm

28 weeks!! WOOHOOO!!!!

I cant quite eat as much as I use to be able to. I feel full really quickly. "Personal Time" with my husband has became VERY uncomfortable, but we still try! :smileywink: Other than that, just really uncomfortable to sit/stand or do anything that creates more pressure than I already feel.

Apple Cider

Starting to feel like Autumn a little bit!

YES PLEASE!

Tonight we are taking our 3 year old to her Big Sister class at the hospital. Other than that we are finishing up shopping, which is pretty much done. Im also going to attempy to make a baby bumpr if I have time. Lastly, Im trying to get as far ahead in my school work as I can so I wont be missing anything while I am in the hospital/recovering from my c-section.

My Husband is being SO SWEET! Im loving all the massages and foot rubs!

SLEEP! Or I guess I should say, The LACK OF SLEEP! I can not get comfortable!

Photobucket

Pages