MONDAY CHECK IN!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK IN!!!
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:15am

Ok, ladies - we are getting there!!  It's also getting towards the end of summer - and FALL is our season!!  Whoop!!

How far along are you this week?

How is pregnancy treating you right now?

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now?

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process?

Your greatest joy?

Is your baby named?

How are you sleeping?

How are you eating?

Are you formulating/using a birth plan?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:19am

How far along are you this week? I was 24 weeks last Saturday.

How is pregnancy treating you right now?It's always been a little on the blah side for me.  I love being a mother, but I'm never sad when pregnancy ends. 

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now?We are gathering up our baby gear from here, there and everywhere - it's a process!  We've been gifted some really great things, too! 

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? My exhuastion level.  I am so, so tired and I can't seem to stay healthy enough to function at a decent level. 

Your greatest joy? That we've made it this far, basically problem free! 

Is your baby named? hahahahahah!!! NO.

How are you sleeping? Rather pitifully!  We are in the middle of finding a new mattress.  We needed one before this pregnancy started and now that I'm pregnant - I can feel every little flaw!

How are you eating? Not the greatest, but not the worst.  I'm just not going to worry about it right now.

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? I have a loose idea of how I want things to go.  DH has the list of "don't let anyone touch my wife and daughter with this or that."  He can be the bully in the labor room. 

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:26am

How far along are you this week?  I'll be 25 Wednesday

How is pregnancy treating you right now?Just fine.  Back ache.  swollen ankles.  Nothing tooooo bad

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now?Um...trying to find good deals on stuff.  Started my Hypnobabies class Saturday!

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process?  That we need it all and I'm feeling overwhelmed

Your greatest joy?  Feeling her move and kick and wondering what is she doing in there?  Is she bored?  lol

Is your baby named?  Yep. Lily

How are you sleeping?  Like a baby...awake every couple of hours to move because my hips or back hurt.

How are you eating?  Pretty good I guess.  Some days better than others. 

Are you formulating/using a birth plan?  I think it's part of our class to create one.  So I think so eventually we'll have one, I think.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:06am

How far along are you this week? 27 weeks - yay 3rd trimester!!!!

How is pregnancy treating you right now? no complaints really - tired, sore, hot, hips and legs don't work great anymore but all to be expected at this point.

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? Nothing currently bc we just got back from vacation late late saturday night and I still need some time to recouperate and get everything put away again - yay for life finally starting to return to normal (its been a long 3 months for dh and his ridicoulus work schedule)

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? Exhaustion!!!!

Your greatest joy? Getting to know the little creature inside me

Is your baby named? Technically yes but it could change when we see him (both our girls named themselves) - Currently Timothy Isaac

How are you sleeping? Well enough when I can get it. Now that DH is back to normal we are starting to try to stop all of the girls bad sleeping habits that developed since I got pg such as waking mid night and wanting to sleep with us which kills our ability to sleep.

How are you eating? Poorly according to the food guide but this guy just doesn't like his veggies!!! I can only sneak them in when they are hidden in protein / carbs (ie sub or carrots w/ hummus). On the up side I seem to be back to normal eating and avoiding all of the junk again.

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? Not yet - will put it togethor around 34 wks and it will be similar to the other 2 I had in the past (not that anyone looked at them during labour but it gave me peace of mind going into labour).

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:31am

How far along are you this week? 26 weeks tomorrow!

How is pregnancy treating you right now? Pretty good. I was really worried last Wednesday because my whole belly was sore... like one long Braxton-Hicks that never ended, and my middle back was sore. I almost went to L&D, but I fell asleep, and woke up feeling a lot better. 

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? Not a lot. My husband is painting bathrooms, then I'll have him switch to getting our room painted (that's where the baby will sleep). I've just been busy getting ready for school to start. I home school, so I've been ordering curriculum & laptops, etc... I guess after school starts, we'll focus in on getting stuff ready for the baby :smileyhappy:

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? Just waiting for November! I'm so excited, I can't stand it!

Your greatest joy? Feeling this little man moving around & loving the fact that my hubby talks to him every day... and that no matter how wiggly he is, he always stops what he's doing to listen to his daddy.

Is your baby named? First name, yes. Middle name, no. 

How are you sleeping? I toss and turn a lot, and dream crazily all night, so I don't feel like I get a lot of solid sleep.

How are you eating? I eat well :smileyvery-happy: I'm still trying to keep my weight under control. I haven't gained anything in the last 5 weeks, and might have lost a couple of pounds. Since I've gained all of my allotted weight for this pregnancy, that's right where I need to be! I have my glucose screening on Wednesday, and I'll se my doctor then. I'm REALLY praying that I don't have GD... not that it's a big deal... it's really easy to control with diet and exercise, I just don't want the extra appointments :/ I feel like I've had enough of those this pregnancy with my "Advanced Maternal Age", low lying placenta & blood clot, I'm just ready for a normal, easy rest of my pregnancy!

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? Not really. I haven't for any of my pregnancies. I'm induced every time, so my births are always me showing up, getting hooked up to an IV and having a baby a couple of hours later :smileyhappy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 2:55pm

How far along are you this week?  25 weeks tomorrow!

How is pregnancy treating you right now? pretty good. between work and the summer i have been tired pretty early at night!

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? mostly online browsing

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? hmmm, i think just not being able to do things i normally would...mainly run as that was always my stress reliever

Your greatest joy?  just enjoying this as much as possible as it is most likely my last

Is your baby named? not yet

How are you sleeping?  depends on the night, but i usually get up at least 1 time to pee and wake to turn because of my belly...if i try to turn to quickly, it feels like i am ripping stomach muscles :smileysad:

How are you eating?  eating well. dinner is the trickiest as far as amount as i want to eat more than my stomach holds lol

Are you formulating/using a birth plan?  haven't gotten to that yet

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 4:45pm

How far along are you this week? Will be 27 weeks on Thursday!

How is pregnancy treating you right now? I'm not feeling too bad, although being pregnant in this heat isn't very fun. And I've been getting lots of leg cramps and back pain, so that's no good. And I'm pretty exhausted all the time still. But it could be worse!

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? We've pulled some things out of storage and gotten them cleaned up and ready for baby. There's also a huge consignment sale on Friday that I plan to go to, hopefully can pick up some more things to help us get prepared!

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? The waiting! I know she needs time to grow and develop, but I'm so ready to meet her already!

Your greatest joy? Getting to experience all of the things that go along with pregnancy. While the leg cramps and exhaustion aren't that great, I'm more than happy to endure that if it means I get to feel her kicking and moving around :-)

Is your baby named? Yes, her name will be Lia Evelynn (as long as we don't find out that she is really a he at our next ultrasound appointment!)

How are you sleeping? Not enough! I don't have any trouble sleeping (except when my YDS decides he wants to be up all night), but I'm still exhausted the next day.

How are you eating? Too much! I feel like I'm hungry all the time, but trying not to overindulge.

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? Nope, just going into it hoping not to have to get an epidural. But I'm pretty flexible and usually just go with the flow during labor and delivery. My end goal is for me and the baby to come out of it healthy and okay, so whatever it takes to get there, I'm willing to do.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 5:04pm

I am glad everyone is doing so well!

How far along are you this week? 25 weeks

How is pregnancy treating you right now? I have my good days and bad days, thank goodness there are more good days than bad.

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? Just finished prepping the diapers I have (between doing normal loads of laundry) and ordered 3 more covers from Kelly's Closet so getting one more free, found out I have enough newborn, 0-3, and 3-6 month clothes so just need to really stock up on 6-9 and 12 month clothes. Might also by some girlie clothes since most of the stuff is gender neutral.

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? I am ready to meet this little one! She seems to stretch out and I get 4 kicks and punches at the same time in 4 different spots

Your greatest joy? Only 13 more weeks for me!

Is your baby named? Yes, Aibhlin (prounced Avelin) Mackenzie

How are you sleeping? Really well when DH decides not to steal my pillows in the middle of the bed. Wake up the typical 1-3 times per night to turn over since it hurts if I am not careful.

How are you eating? Really well when I decided to make dinner. Last night was homemade beef soup with lots of veggies and whole grain rolls. Lunch is normally a salad and walnuts. Snacks are terrible and consist of popsicles, plain popcorn, ice cream, fruit smoothies. Breakfast is always cereal or yogurt.

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? I have an idea of what I want, but I am not even doing the hospital tour until we find out if I will have a c-section or natural birth because of the placenta previa. We will find out on the 29th!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:38pm

How far along are you this week? 24 weeks on Thursday

How is pregnancy treating you right now? I can't really complain. I'm starting to get all the normal, expected stuff: back pain, shortness of breath, etc. I've also seemed to have had a lot more energy...I finally did a proper house cleaning last week. It needed it!

What are you doing to get ready for baby right now? I've really started to buckle down! I picked up a crib mattress and pack 'n' play from Costco, a bouncer from a consignment shop, and his carseat! I've been working hard on my registry/shopping list. I'm feeling much more confident now that I've started to take the reigns.

What is your greatest frustration with this whole process? Not having DH here has been pretty sucky, but overall I'm starting to get impatient. And terrified!

Your greatest joy? It continues to be feeling him kick around in there. I love the ones that take my breath away!

Is your baby named? 99% sure he's going to be named Isaac. Middle is still up in the air.

How are you sleeping? So-so. I've still been sleeping somewhat on my stomach. One perk of DH not being here is that I can sprawl out however I need to to get comfortable.

How are you eating? MUCH better than I did in the 1st tri. I've found it easier for me to have a set routine when it comes to my meals. Fruit/kefir/spinach/oatmeal/chia smoothie on the way to work, bagel & cream cheese when I take my first break, a veggie or tuna wrap for lunch. Snacks are usually greek yogurt, string cheese, apples, mixed nuts, dried apricots. Dinner is usually pretty healthy. Dessert is usually cookies or ice cream.

Are you formulating/using a birth plan? My only plan is to go with the flow and to be flexible. I'd love to avoid an epidural. I plan on reading up and educating myself as much as possible about the different possible scenarios. Ultimately I'll do whatever I need to do to make sure Isaac arrives safely.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12