MONDAY CHECK-IN!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK-IN!!!
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:32am

PLEASE!  IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING BOARD ISSUES, LET ME KNOW!! You can always send me a PM or you can email me at lareinelaveut@yahoo.com!  We are too close to lose touch now! 

How far along are you this week?

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical....

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week?

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory?

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"

What are you looking forward to the most?

Are your bags packed?

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:31pm
How far along are you this week? Will be 38 weeks on Thursday! How are you feeling? This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... I am tired! Physically, emotionally, and mentally. I'm so uncomfortable and ready to be done! Walking, reaching, bending over, pretty much any movement is so darn uncomfortable. But so is just laying down. And I have been so short-tempered with my kids, and I feel badly about it. But I just don't have the patience that I usually do. I hate complaining, because this is far better than my last pregnancy, but I hate the last few super uncomfortable weeks! I know you have appointments! What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? I just had my appointment this afternoon, and I brought up the topic of induction with the doctor. I know that many are against induction for non-medical reasons, but it scares me to death that I might be home on my own with four kids and go into labor (especially since I'm already 3-4 centimeters dilated and tend to have fast labors already) with DH at work and not able to get there in time to help with the kids. I'd hate to have my kids have to deliver the baby! DH works on an ambulance and it's not feasible for him to just drop what he's doing and come to me. It could take an hour or more, depending on where he is and what he's doing. I also really want him to be there when she's born. I don't really care about him spending the night and all that, but just to see her born. With no family or friends here, having a scheduled induction would help so much, to be able to have someone here and ready to take care of the other kids so he can be there with me. The doctor was agreeable to inducing on November 5th, if I make it that long, since I'll be 39 1/2 weeks then. So I'm just hoping she'll stay put until then! Even though I am tired of being pregnant and waiting ever so impatiently to meet her, I would much rather labor and deliver knowing that my other kids are taken care of, and with DH with me so I can focus on myself and the new baby! Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? Honestly, I really haven't thought too much about exactly how it's all going to go. I am a little nervous, now that the time is coming up soon, just because my last labor and delivery wasn't exactly ideal. But I'm trying to have faith that this one will be much better :-) Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?" Not a whole lot in the way of contractions, but I have started feeling a lot more pressure. I've still had some random BH contractions, but the pressure way down low is what I'm feeling the most of. What are you looking forward to the most? Being able to tie my shoes without performing acrobatic stunts, seeing my waist again (at some point in the future), picking up my youngest without fear of my water breaking and the baby falling out... Oh yeah, and meeting our little girl for the first time! Are your bags packed? Nope. Guess I should get on that. I really need to stop with this procrastinating stuff... What else do you need to do before baby arrives? Buy the double stroller, although I think we can go a couple of weeks without it (as long as my sling shows up in the mail by then!). Finish washing and putting away her laundry. Pack my bags!! On another note, I hope no one has noticed my lack of posting and thought that I gave up on this board! I still can't see replies, so I've been trying to reply to the original post but can't see what anyone else says or respond to replies. I'm hoping I can get it figured out soon, I hate not knowing what's going on with everyone, especially this close to the end of our pregnancies!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

Pages