MONDAY CHECK-IN!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK-IN!!!
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:32am

PLEASE!  IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING BOARD ISSUES, LET ME KNOW!! You can always send me a PM or you can email me at lareinelaveut@yahoo.com!  We are too close to lose touch now! 

How far along are you this week?

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical....

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week?

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory?

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"

What are you looking forward to the most?

Are your bags packed?

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:31pm
How far along are you this week? Will be 38 weeks on Thursday! How are you feeling? This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... I am tired! Physically, emotionally, and mentally. I'm so uncomfortable and ready to be done! Walking, reaching, bending over, pretty much any movement is so darn uncomfortable. But so is just laying down. And I have been so short-tempered with my kids, and I feel badly about it. But I just don't have the patience that I usually do. I hate complaining, because this is far better than my last pregnancy, but I hate the last few super uncomfortable weeks! I know you have appointments! What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? I just had my appointment this afternoon, and I brought up the topic of induction with the doctor. I know that many are against induction for non-medical reasons, but it scares me to death that I might be home on my own with four kids and go into labor (especially since I'm already 3-4 centimeters dilated and tend to have fast labors already) with DH at work and not able to get there in time to help with the kids. I'd hate to have my kids have to deliver the baby! DH works on an ambulance and it's not feasible for him to just drop what he's doing and come to me. It could take an hour or more, depending on where he is and what he's doing. I also really want him to be there when she's born. I don't really care about him spending the night and all that, but just to see her born. With no family or friends here, having a scheduled induction would help so much, to be able to have someone here and ready to take care of the other kids so he can be there with me. The doctor was agreeable to inducing on November 5th, if I make it that long, since I'll be 39 1/2 weeks then. So I'm just hoping she'll stay put until then! Even though I am tired of being pregnant and waiting ever so impatiently to meet her, I would much rather labor and deliver knowing that my other kids are taken care of, and with DH with me so I can focus on myself and the new baby! Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? Honestly, I really haven't thought too much about exactly how it's all going to go. I am a little nervous, now that the time is coming up soon, just because my last labor and delivery wasn't exactly ideal. But I'm trying to have faith that this one will be much better :-) Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?" Not a whole lot in the way of contractions, but I have started feeling a lot more pressure. I've still had some random BH contractions, but the pressure way down low is what I'm feeling the most of. What are you looking forward to the most? Being able to tie my shoes without performing acrobatic stunts, seeing my waist again (at some point in the future), picking up my youngest without fear of my water breaking and the baby falling out... Oh yeah, and meeting our little girl for the first time! Are your bags packed? Nope. Guess I should get on that. I really need to stop with this procrastinating stuff... What else do you need to do before baby arrives? Buy the double stroller, although I think we can go a couple of weeks without it (as long as my sling shows up in the mail by then!). Finish washing and putting away her laundry. Pack my bags!! On another note, I hope no one has noticed my lack of posting and thought that I gave up on this board! I still can't see replies, so I've been trying to reply to the original post but can't see what anyone else says or respond to replies. I'm hoping I can get it figured out soon, I hate not knowing what's going on with everyone, especially this close to the end of our pregnancies!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 6:36pm

How far along are you this week? 37 weeks! Full term! woohoo!

How are you feeling? Mixed bag. No real serious complaints.

I know you have appointments! What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? We discussed the GBS from last week, which was negative. Also discussed what I will do the day of my c-section which is in 12 days!

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? Trying to keep my eye on the prize. The birth will hurt like a mofo...ugh surgery!

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?" Nope. Boring as usual. Guess I will never know what a contraction feels like or any of that "fun" stuff..

What are you looking forward to the most? Seeing who is in there! Are your bags packed? Yep! What else do you need to do before baby arrives? Nothing, think I am as ready as I'm gonna be.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:43pm

How far along are you this week? 35 weeks on Thursday

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... I've been so sore and uncomfortable (ribs and back mainly). Sitting, laying, standing, sleeping, it all hurts. It seems like I was doing fine and then all the discomfort came at once. Stretch marks started to appear at 33 weeks, which I'm not all that upset about, but I'm a little worried about how bad they'll get in the next 5-6 weeks. I just took a long shower which helped a lot with the soreness.

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? Next appointment is on the 1st. I'll be doing my GBS test then.

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? A little bit. If I think about it too much at the wrong time, I just get really sad that DH won't be there.

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?" Not that I can tell.

What are you looking forward to the most? Meeting him and seeing what he looks like. I've felt a little disconnected lately so I'm hoping seeing his face will get rid of that.

Are your bags packed? Kinda sorta. I'd say they are about 75% done. I'm not entirely satisifed with the outfits I've picked out but they'll do. I bet I'm forgetting the little things.

What else do you need to do before baby arrives? Not a whole lot. Little bits of laundry here and there. Make some freezer meals.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:33pm

How far along are you this week?  36 weeks tomorrow!

How are you feeling? This means all over - emotional, mental, physical....so done...like others, i don't remember being so crabby or ready to be done. my legs, back and hips are over this.

I know you have appointments! What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? appt wed....group b strep swab and hoping to get checked!!

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory?  i am more worrying about the day since i have always had spontaneous labor...hoping it's at not too "inconvenient" of a time lol

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"  lots of contractions, cervical pressure, feeling baby lower, etc

What are you looking forward to the most?  the pain going away and meeting my baby girl

Are your bags packed? no but i usually haven't packed at this point lol

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?  laundry, carseat, etc. problem is that i drive kids in my van during daycare and always moving seats around so I don't really want to install it yet!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:15pm

Yes, I'm still having board issues :( Dang it! I logged in to IE, just for this thread (because I love it so much Laughing) But it makes me log in every time, and this time, I had to log in twice before it let me respond. I've cleared my cache, restarted my computer, cleared my cookies... everything I know to do on both IE & Chrome. I guess I could try it on Firefox... But no... I could never leave! I just read a lot with out responding, which stinks because I don't wanna be a lurker!

Okay, enough about all of that!

37 Weeks! Full Term! YAAAAAY!!!!!

I feel great... having some contractions, I've had two days this past week where (TMI alert) that my body has gone into cleanse mode... I'm hoping that means something!

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week?

My appontment is on Wednesday, and I'm really just wanting to make sure that they got me scheduled for my induction on the 6th!

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory?

I've visualized a little bit. I guess I'm really just worried about him being big & hoping that I can deliver him safe and sound.

I'm having some contractions, feeling pressure "down there" some times, and I keep haveing really sharp pains in my cervix. I was dilated to a 1 last week, so I'm really hoping I've progressed a little bit.

Getting to see who's been growing in there all these months :) I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it, but I think I've mentioned that a time or two!

Are your bags packed?

YES!!! Now to get my van all cleaned out! Waiting for a cool day to get that done.

Just clean a little more. I'd like to get the baseboards and window sills cleaned. I also want to get some Christmas shopping done, but I may run out of time.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:01pm

How far along are you this week?  37 weeks!

How are you feeling? This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... Exhausted and this is the first time I think that I am being moody and ornery this pg.  My body says it is DONE but my mind says we aren't.

I know you have appointments! What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week?

Today I go in for the NST and also a growth ultrasound.

I'm trying to. Spending more time studying for my midterm.  Once that is out of the way, I'll spend more time prepping for labor.

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"  I am pretty sure.  I had one day this last week were I contracted every 10 min for 3 hours. 

What are you looking forward to the most?  To not be in pain anymore? Smile

Are your bags packed?  Yes, bags are packed, preregistration done, nursery and clothes and everything else is all done.

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?  I just want to sew a carseat cover.

Rachel~ Mom to 5 great kiddos and one more on the way.  Missing my angel~ m/c at 9 wks 11/28/11

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:32pm

37 weeks! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

SORE!! Tired also comes to mind. I CAN NOT sleep anymore. My pelvic bone makes popping noises all the time and it HURTS, I also have lightning cervix pains! Mentally, I am ready for the baby to get here. Emotionally, Im doing ok.

I actually jsut got home from my appointment. We talked about my EXTREME tiredness, and my torn muscle under my breast.

I am just ready to get it over with.

Yes!! i can feel it and my doctor told me it has today!

Seeing the baby for the first time! We cant wait to see what he looks like! From the ultrasound, he looks just like my husband!

Are your bags packed?

Packed AND in the car!

Install the carseat.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 12:57pm

How far along are you this week? 36 weeks! Just one and a half weeks to go!!

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... Physically- drained, itchy, and sore. Mentally and emotionally- better than I have been in weeks.

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? I have my u/s and get the results of the OC and GBS tests back. We will probably go over the c-section.

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? No I have already done that, do I am just ready for her to come.

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?" Well I have a LOT more discharge and tons more pressure and BH, I just hope it is not impending labor.

What are you looking forward to the most? This baby coming on her scheduled date and kissing the lo that has been making sleep a thing of the past.

Are your bags packed? LOL, no I should probably do that this week. I think part of the problem is I don’t know what to pack in.

What else do you need to do before baby arrives? Nothing, we are completely prepared.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 12:22pm

How far along are you this week?  I'll be 37 weeks.

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical....Tired pretty much on all fronts.  Physically, I've got a ton of cleaning I want done with no energy to do it.  Mentally, I'm tired of trying to get through what I need to at work and juggle worrying about a possible breech baby.  Emotionally, I'm tired of feeling backed into a corner if this baby is breech.  The only up side is that since we think the baby may have turned I don't have to do the inversions everyday.  Those really hurt my back.

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week?  The midwife will come to my house Friday and hopefully sometime this week I will have an ultrasound to verify the baby's position.  The OB I saw before is refusing to take me as a patient this time because of my insurance.  So no version evaluation.

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory?  Yes, I've been visualizing my birth a couple of times a day.  It helps me get connected with this little one.  I don't feel like I've had the chance to really connect like I did with my first.

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"  No, but I didn't with my DD even while I was in labor.  I'm somehow very disconnected from that portion I guess.  Even without pain meds I didn't feel her decend like woman talk about.

What are you looking forward to the most?  Knowing the gender.

Are your bags packed?  I still need to pack the sibling bag and the birthing basket.  I've got the after birth basket all done.

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?  If the baby arrives at home, just cleaning.  If we have to change that plan and have the baby at a hospital, then I'll need bags packed and the carseat installed.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:12am

How far along are you this week?  I'll be 36w Wed.

How are you feeling?  This means all over - emotional, mental, physical.... I'm okay. Emotionally...fine.  I get a little teary at stuff, but nothing too bad.  Mentally, I think I'm suposssed to be feeling or doing something that I'm not.  It's a nice little mental game I play with myself.  :)  Physically- Back hurts, feet puffy. Other than, I'm good.  Well, I'm tired and uncomfortable, but only if I have to move.  If I could just lay or sit still, I'd forget I'm pregnant, until that foot goes through my rib!  lol

I know you have appointments!  What are you going to discuss with your doc/midwife this week? Mine next one is next week too.  Group B test.  And first check, then I'll be going in weekly.  We are meeting with a prospective pediatrician this week though.  Finally. 

Are you visualizing your birth or dealing with emotions that come with the territory? I am visualizing it. But I'm not quite sure how to deal with emotions that will come...as I don't know what to expect.  Well, I suspect there will be all emotions that day.  I also have a fear clearing thing that I listen to that is to help eliminate fears...hopefully, fear won't be one of those emotions that day.  And since hormones will help whatever these emotions will be, I guess I'm just preparing myself for a flood of stuff not yet named.  ha! 

Do you feel any changes happening "where it counts?"  Not really.  I've little things happen sporadically, but those seem to have stopped.  I have what I guess are BH on occassion, but not daily.  So, I'm just waiting for stuff ramp up I guess.

What are you looking forward to the most?  Seeing my baby.  And overcoming the social stigma that women have to have drugs for birth.  And it'll be nice to have my body back.  Or at least in some capacity.  I'll be glad to be able just get up from laying down, or roll over or whatever without making it this huge process. 

Are your bags packed?  ha!  no.  The plan is to make a list this week though.  I'm going on a Ladies Retreat this weekend, so...I'll pack for that and then when I get back, I can pack for the hosptial.  But with weather the way it is here.  I have no clue what type of clothing to pack.  Will I be hot or cold?  I'm normally very cold no matter what the weather, but I'll have all the hormones and stuff going on and it could be warm or cold in Nov.  who knows! 

What else do you need to do before baby arrives?  Get the car seat in the car.  Still need to make several purchases.  BUT!  We finally have a mattress! So the crib is pretty much ready now.  Finally washed and put away her clothes and blankets!  woot.  We still need sooo much though.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Pages